Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge2 won't connect through Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 quit syncing a few days ago. I've tried everything they suggested to get it syncing again with no luck. So I unpaired it and tried pairing it again with my phone. It won't pair. Any help would be much appreciated!

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24
Thanks for the info.

I just tried it again and the Charge 2 is recognized by my phone's Bluetooth
but as I noted in my original post the fitbit device still is not talking to
the phone. Bluetooth has been cycled off and on several times and the phone
Bluetooth always finds the fitbit and nothing else is found. So that is
good. The fitbit displays 22.55.02 (guess it's the software version
currently running). I just can't get past the error page. Thanks to your
suggestion at least I know how to do a reset, even if it didn't resolve the
problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to restart my Fitbit several times before I could pair up again. The last time I did it I turned off bluetooth on my phone, restarted my phone and then restarted my Fitbit before I paired it to my phone. It stopped pairing again after several hours so I restarted my Fitbit which worked. I also have it paired with my Amazon Fire which I was keeping close to my phone. After separating the two so bluetooth on both were far apart I have not had any pairing problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Allthough it has been a year since this was marked 'resolved' I also - and still - have this problem. My setup is Iphone 5SE OS11.4 latest download of Fitbit app, with Charge2.
It fails to connect. This started after a sync had been attemped while de Bluetooth on the iPhone was turned off. After turning BT on, it just fails. And keeps failing to connect.

And yes I got it working after all mantioned steps. Only to have it fail again the next day... Now I have run through the steps two times to no avail.

So. is the the only real option here: running through all mentioned steps many times? The disconnecting and 'forgetting' of the device. Turning off and on of the phone, re-installing the app, connecting to charger and then rebooting it at least three times as long as 12 seconds?

Let me guess, I know the answer: new phone, new fitbit. Stuff only works perfectly for a maximum of 24 months... We do work on our fitness, not the stamina and long life of machines...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Original poster here:

I don't know who marked this post as 'resolved' because it never was. My
Charge 2 never again worked and I eventually returned it to Costco where I
purchased it for a full refund. I think they are the only store that does a
full refund 6 months after purchase on electronics.

I now own a newer Fitbit (it was a gift) and like it much better, longer
battery life and no problems with it. To say I was disappointed with the
ways things went with the original Fitbit is an understatement.
Best Answer
I started this post a long time ago. That "fix" works for a bit, but it's a
constant problem. It got to the point that my charge 2 didn't sync up
anymore, the time was out when time change came in, so I tossed it and got
a new one. Same phone, no problems now.
Best Answer