Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choice between free Charge 4 or 50% off a newer model?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit charge 4 has broken and it’s within warranty. I’ve been offered a free replacement charge 4 or 50% off a newer model. What would you do?

I only use the HR and step counter functions currently. I have zero interest in accessing the typical smart watch features (messaging, calls, music etc). One thing I am curious about is whether the HR and step counter functions are more advanced in the newer models? Would buying a (discounted) new model be worth it for those functions alone?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I would get a newer one! I got my charge 4 replaced and it's now broken again (and not in warranty). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It depends. The charge 4 is starting to show indications of non-support by fitbit and the Charge 6 will be coming out soon. Many people are reporting issues on their 4's that seem to be firmware and Fitbit does not want to bother. 

My suggestion take the 50% off of the on sale 5. If your fitbit still lights up and shows any kind of life you can bring it to Bestbuy for a $30 credit bringing the total cost down to something reasonable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes