Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning Charge 2 with UV light.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it okay to clean a Charge 2 with a UV light? Would it damage the sensor?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

That's a good question. I would think covering the sensor first would be a good idea, but there's also the display, altimeter, etc to consider. The nice thing about the Charge 2 is you can remove the band for separate cleaning.

This is probably something you'd want to get an official answer for from Fitbit. You can contact them here. Let us know what they say!

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had already called and used live chat but they were not helpful at all. Basically, they did not have an answer just told me to use Cetaphil. It can't be that no one has asked them this question before.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Liuzzi wrote:

It can't be that no one has asked them this question before.

It can be that no one has asked that question before, @Liuzzi - not very many people attempt to clean electronics with UV Light, so it is entirely possible that they have not been asked before.  I have heard of people using UV-C Light to "sanitize" their cell phone, with no apparent problems, though.  There is one report I read where they tested UV Light to "sanitize" items in a hospital environment, and found them less than effective:

"The cell phone read 432 at first. After Bushey waved the Germ Guardian UV-C Sanitizer Wand over the phone as directed, another germ test announced that germs remained in the 400 range.

Once the phone was wiped with sanitizing wipes, the luminometer read just four. Both Bushey and Kopp had anticipated this reading."

You can check out the full article here: Upstate hospitals test UV-light sanitizing wands

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why not? I use uv phone sanitizer as well as you and he is working good for my phone, I don't have any problems.

I know that it is a little different items.

Best Answer

@MikeHammelton1 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Thank you for sharing your experience with your own UV light cleaning kit used with the Charge 2. Still anyone else can try the wear and care tips if you wish to properly clean your tracker.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did put this device in my new UV phone sanitizer and it has since not worked. The screen is black and won’t turn on even when on the charger. I would advise against it.

Best Answer
0 Votes