Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock face backwards and won't revert

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I usually wear my fit it on my left wrist but due to an irritation I wore it on my right for a few days. I changed the wrist position accordingly in the app. Now I have it back on my left as usual but the clock face is upside down. I have reset the position in the app many times and reset the watch by plugging it in and holding the button for 4 seconds, again, many times but no change. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The clock face display cannot be reversed.  If it is not displaying as you would like, you will have to reverse it so that the button is on the other side.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hey @samadelan, it is great to see new faces aboard! Hmmm I'm concerned about the fact that your Charge 2 is causing those inconveniences on your wrist. So please, I'd like you to take a look at our wear and care tips to avoid this situation. 

Now regarding the position of your Charge 2 display, could you please set it accordingly on your Fitbit account (wrist orientation and handedness) and then make sure to sync your tracker to save the changes. 

If the issue persists, beside the restart that you already tried, I'd like you to try to set it up as a new device. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

The clock face display cannot be reversed.  If it is not displaying as you would like, you will have to reverse it so that the button is on the other side.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks you for your reply but I have been wearing the watch for months on my left wrist with the button facing my fingers and the watch face the right way up. It has only changed since I set it to right arm placement in the app for a few days. Then set it as left when I could again wear the watch on the left but it is now upside down. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply. The irritation wasn't from my fitbit. I will give the new device thing a try as I'd already tried all the other things you suggested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all the things you suggested as well as setting it up as a New device but it hasn't worked. What else can I try please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the display on the Charge 2 has no capability to rotate, I am not sure how you were able to do that. The only way I have ever found to change the direction of the display is to change the way I put it on my arm - regardless of whether I put it on the left arm or the right arm, the part of the band with the buckle goes to the outside of the arm.  When the tracker is on the right arm, the button will face the hand, and when the tracker is on the left arm, the button will face the elbow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe posting pictures on both arms could help us understand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@samadelan with the watch on your left arm. Is the button on the left side? The side that is away from the wrist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahem...........well..........how embarrassing.........it appears I have been trying to wear the watch upside down and you are all right. Even though I've worn this for months before changing wrists briefly, it appears  I have the memory of a goldfish and the button is indeed on the left, when worn on the left..... unlike all my other watches but exactly like my friends fitbit charge 2......apologies! 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @samadelan! Thanks for your reply! All this time I thought that there was an issue with the display of the Charge 2 itself and that is why it showed reversed. But as @Rich_Laue@JohnnyRow and @USAF-Larry were saying, the only thing that changes is the position of the side button, if you are wearing your Charge 2 on the right hand, the button will be pointing to the fingers, but if you are wearing it on your left hand, the side button will be pointing to your arm or elbow to be more specific. 

But sounds cool that everything is fine with your tracker, just remember to set the wrist options on your account, so you can get the more accurate amount of steps. 😉 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's not embarrassing at all; you have every right to expect the clock face to be the right way up when worn on the left wrist with the button to the right. This is exactly how every other watch has been configured for hundreds of years and it's absolutely ridiculous that Fitbits are the wrong way round.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was a rubbish response. As a moderator you should have known your 'solutions' were futile as the clockface orientation is fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit is designed to be worn on the left wrist since most people are right handed and wear their watches on the left.

With a mechanical watch that required the spring to be would it is necessary to have the button on the right since two fingers are needed to wind the spring.

Fitbit only has a button to push which is centered on the left exactly where the thing will fall making the button easy to press. The thumb is the stronger digit and a button does not need to be rotated.

If the button is on the right the user would want the button closer to the top like the top button on the Versa or Ionic are located.

The problem is is that these trackers are not designed to be worn on the right wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes