Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock face on Charge 3 isn't working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the firmware update a few days ago my Charge 3 no longer displays my steps on top or heart rate below on the clock face, this is despite steps being set as my main goal. Instead it displays the lightening symbol and is constantly showing 0. What do I need to do to restore it back to original setup.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think I'm having the same problem and here's why: Fitbit changed the available clock faces with the latest update. I loved having the steps, time, and HR displayed. It seems that clock face has been changed with the update, so that the information at the top of the display cycles through as you tap the screen. If you tap the display, it will switch from the lightning symbol to steps to calories, etc... It's a terrible setup. I just want to glance down and see my steps at the top, but now even accidently hitting my wrist, I change what's displayed (in your case, it's the lightning symbol now). I really hope Fitbit changes it back. 😞

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Forums @DanCantRun.

Have you tried to restart your tracker? If you haven't, I recommend restating it by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know how it goes. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I think I'm having the same problem and here's why: Fitbit changed the available clock faces with the latest update. I loved having the steps, time, and HR displayed. It seems that clock face has been changed with the update, so that the information at the top of the display cycles through as you tap the screen. If you tap the display, it will switch from the lightning symbol to steps to calories, etc... It's a terrible setup. I just want to glance down and see my steps at the top, but now even accidently hitting my wrist, I change what's displayed (in your case, it's the lightning symbol now). I really hope Fitbit changes it back. 😞

Best Answer

Yes I believe your right, an unfortunate design choice by the Fitbit team 

Best Answer

I have tried to reset my charge 3, but nothing seems to change the clock face, or the brightness.  It is 

very faded out on the right side. For instance at 10:15 the 10 will appear, but can not see the 15. Also when  I get a text , the print is very faint, not readable.  
Would like to be able to wear it, but unusable at this point. Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perhaps it is because of the impending upgrade, but I do not have any place in the fitbit app that shows clock faces. No where.  Help?

klkaa

Best Answer
0 Votes

This response did not change anything on my Fitbit.

Anyone else have something to attempt that lit the clock face up on their Charge 3?

thanks for any help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DanCantRun I hope you're doing well!

Let me help you with your Charge 3 not working and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes