Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock time incorrect (after battery runs out)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, everytime my fitbit charge runs out of battery, the time freezes, so when you charge it again it displays the time just before the battery ran out, rather than the actual current time.  I have a charger cable at work, so cannot always sync when I charge it (need to Sync at home).

I've had a previous fitbit charge that didn't have this problem.  I've checked my settings and it is on the correct time zone.

How do I prevent this from happening?  Currently at work and it's 10:58am, but my watch says it is 3:36am.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there @Audiballs welcome to our Community! hmmmm this sounds pretty weird... But no worries, after you make sure the timezone on your Fitbit account is the correct one, please perform a restart of your tracker by following these instructions. Then we will update the settings on the software of your tracker by setting up your Fitbit as a new device either using your computer or a mobile device. So please take a look of this article to do so. 

Let me know if it is showing the correct time after try that. Have a great day! Cat Very Happy

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I just did the restart and now the watch is displaying 5:29 even though the actual time is 12:53pm

Regards,

Adri

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with time and date after battery runs out. It freezes to time when it runs out. How do I correct this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the restart and this is not working. Not happy about this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

I followed the "restart" directions again and this time it worked!

Thank you!

Bopeep

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @bobeep It's great to hear that your Charge is working fine again! Sometimes just 1 restart is not enough, you have to do it around 3 times in a row. 

Now regarding your Fitbit @Audiballs, you can try to restart it more than once or if that doesn't work, please follow these instructions to set up your Fitbit as a new device. 

I'll be around if you anything else guys. Smiley Wink 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

With a flat battery, the tracker has no power to maintain the time. Thus, on being recharged all that it can do is pull the last time it knew about from memory and run from there. This is pretty much to be expected.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Surely when a) you charge it again b) with a computer connected to the internet, it should be able to go to the correct time again.  If I could manually adjust the time on the watch I would, but I can't (or at least don't know if that is possile?)... it only changed to the correct time again after I went home after work.

I did try to restart it a few times at work and that still did not work.

If there is setting I am missing, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me!

In case you didn't see my other post, I did try to restart it a few times, but it made no difference.  It only went back to the correct time once I got home from work.

It is sync'd with my PC at home, not my work PC.  Is there a way to manually change the time on the watch? Seems strange that connecting it to another PC to charge doesn't allow it to update the time as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The charging cable is just for charging. The Charge c'ant talk to the computer it's connected to so its not at all surprising that it can't pick up the time that way. Synchronisation is the only way of correcting the tracker time display.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Mine is screwed up too after battery ran out. Everything is set from before died. Doesn’t autocorrect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me today. The Bluetooth settings on my phone showed that the Ionic was Connected yet the Fitbit app said no device found. I tried restarting my Ionic five times which did nothing. I tried forgetting the device in Bluetooth settings and then restarting it again, still nothing. Finally restarted my phone too and then my Ionic was finally found by the Fitbit app and synced, now the time is right again. Never had this happen before. 

Best Answer
0 Votes