Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility of the Google Pixel 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When can we get the Google Pixel 3 to be compatible with the Charge 2?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Why is it taking so long to add a new phone it is very inconveint for me and I almost want to go to a different type of smart watch soon if I can't link my Fitbit to my Google pixel 3.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Hey @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community! To be completely honest with you, we as moderators, don't have a specific date for this phone model, the Google Pixel 3, to be full compatible with the Fitbit devices. However, if you already have this phone and the Charge 2, and you are trying to connect them, I will suggest you to take a look at the following help articles: 

- Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

- Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

I can't guarantee that your phone will connect but you can give it a try. 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 doesn't connect with pixel 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone (Google Pixel 3) will not connect with the Charge 2 I tried for hours upon hours then went to support and there is no way to do it till they add it.

Best Answer

Yes I know I was saying I want it to.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ditti
Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems like a pretty terrible oversight. Fitbit had to have had access to the required technical information well before the phone's release, right? It's not like this is some rogue device; they really should have anticipated this.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy the previous phone I was leasing just to keep track of my steps, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner, thanks for your response! I appreciate you have tried the troubleshooting that I posted above. In this case, if you have another compatible device, you can try to sync with it or maybe with a computer. 

Welcome to the Community guys, @jaelte and @Tvtom8. The Google Pixel 3 isn't on the list of compatible devices, so I'm afraid that I can't guarantee that you'll be able to set up or sync your Charge 2 with this phone model. Or maybe it'll work, but it won't do it constantly. I will appreciate your patience while our team is working in order to expand this list. 

Let me know if you have further questions or comments! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this is how I feel. I am currently using my mom's phone when I can so it is not really working the best as I am a full-time student, work part-time and she works 2 jobs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner, thanks for your response! I understand. What about using a computer in the meantime? I mean, you won't be able to sync every time you want, but you can keep tracking of your data at least once a day.

I will appreciate your patience into this matter, please note that our team is always working in order to expand the compatible devices list. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also reporting: just bought a Pixel 3, Charge 2 will not fully sync, and notifications do not work.  Pretty disappointed.

Best Answer

Hey @Hleatherby, I hope you are doin' great! Since this phone model isn't on the list of compatible devices yet, I'm afraid that connectivity issues will be there, and I can't guarantee that it'll work without inconveniences. However, as I always suggest, you can take a look at the troubleshooting in these help articles: 

- Why won't my Fitbit device sync

- My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Pixel devices are the first any company should be testing against in the Android range. C'mon Fitbit, you can do better. This is ridiculous.

Best Answer

Hey @PowerHousing, it is great to see new faces around! Our team has already included other Google Pixel models to the compatible devices list. We hope that they keep adding more phones and tablets to that list. 

If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is it taking so long to add a new phone it is very inconveint for me and I almost want to go to a different type of smart watch soon if I can't link my Fitbit to my Google pixel 3.

Best Answer

According to the compatible list is google pixel 3, but will not sync with my phone.

Best Answer

For what it's worth, my Fitbit Charge 2 has been connecting to my Google Pixel 3 just fine for the last couple weeks. I didn't do anything special; just one day I noticed that I no longer had to carry my old phone around with me anymore.

I hope others are able to connect soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner the following worked for my Charge 3 sync to the Pixel 3 XL:

1) I first turned off bluetooth on all other nearby devices, and made sure that the Charge 3 was removed from the iPhone which I was previously testing with.

2) Checked to make sure Charge 3 was not on the list of bluetooth devices for Pixel 3 (if it had been, I would have removed it here).

3) Checked to make sure Android was the updated version 9.

4) Turned off Pixel 3 and waited one minute -> restarted phone.

5) Opened fitbit app -> added Charge 3 -> paired just fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should try to disconnect it from my moms phone lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I know my problem

Best Answer
0 Votes