Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct time zone didn't reset while traveling - Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went from Dallas (Central time zone) to Newark (Eastern time zone) this weekend for a conference. The fitbit reset its time/time zone when I landed in Newark just fine. However, when I returned to Dallas two days later, it would not reset, even though my phone went immediately back to Central time. I researched the forum, then I resynched several times. I then spent more time searching the forums, then "reset" the device. Still showing Eastern time. Finally, I spent more time searching and discovered that there's a time zone setting in the "Advanced Settings" feature under "account". I turned off from automatic and manually reset the time zone to Central and it worked. I still have no idea why it didn't reset initially or why the resynching / reset didn't correct the problem. You guys really need to put the time zone function some place a bit more obvious.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hey @CarlaKDallas, it's awesome to see you here. I want to thank you for the feedback provided about the timezone settings location in our platform, this is really important since we're always looking forward to improve our services and products. I'm glad to know that you were able to resolve this issue by yourself, if at any point this happens again I suggest these steps.

Hope to see you around more often. Cat Wink

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same problem. I traveled to Pacific time and my fitbit did not sync with Pacific time the entire time I was there. However, when I came back to Mountain time, my charge hr switched to Pacific time without me doing anything. I also reset it in the 'advanced' settings, but my fitbit is still on Pacific time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello my friend @melfi92, it's nice to see you here.Heart

Well, this is really odd, this should not be happening, my recommendation is following the steps I posted in the following threads:

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions. Cat Tongue

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I had the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes