Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark line on Charge 3 screen.. Missing pixels?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kCYd1jV1gxf1LKDR9

Hopefully my picture shows....but on my new Fitbit charge 3 there is a dark line. Could it be a pixel problem? I have tried restarting it and it jashas helped. Any advice?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

No worries @AndreaFitbit 

Thanks for your reply. I tried the reset, but unfortunately no success. Three days ago another black line appeared in the screen (all in the top part of the watch) Now I count 6 black lines.  

Best Answer

Hi @AndreaFitbit,

Same problem here. I woke up and there was two black lines on my monitor's screen.

I bought my fitbit from the official page on Amazon US, but I'm living in Argentina.

How can I solve this problem??

Best Answer

Is this the only solution that has been found? I have this issue as well 

Best Answer

For me still no solution. Never heard back again from Fitbit and the lines are still there. Also now the tracker is not automatically connecting with my iPhone anymore. Tried to get it automatically synchronized again, but no luck. So over all: problem is even worse after the advise Fitbit gave...

@AndreaFitbit can you please help out??!

Best Answer

I apologize for the delayed response @SunsetRunner, @Mechafiz and @44_lou_44. I'll be glad to continue assisting you with your Charge 3 corrupted display inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

@SunsetRunnerm, thank you for trying a restart and for reporting the 6 lines. Could you please try to change your Charge 3 clock face and following the steps from help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me help you @Mechafiz and @44_lou_44. Could you please let me know if your device vibrates when you press the button and if you have already tried restarting your Charge 3.

I'll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AndreaFitbit,

Don't worry for my case. I'm already talked with support from Fitbit's twitter account and my case is solved, they're sending me a replacement. 

Thanks,

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @Mechafiz. I'm glad to hear that you're getting a replacement.

Keep on visiting the forums. Robot LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes my device does vibrate when button is pressed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AndreaFitbit Unfortunately changing the clock face doesn't help. The link you sent for syncing, isn't working. But two weeks back I tried some things that are written on this forum already. I will look it up again, but what about the black lines? The syncing issue will not resolve the black lines, right? Please note that my husband is traveling to The Netherlands on Saturday, and he will stay there for 3 days. Would it be possible to get the tracker repaired or replaced within 2 days (Monday / Tuesday)? 

Please help!!! Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @44_lou_44 and @SunsetRunner. I'll be glad to continue assisting you. 

@44_lou_44, thank you for letting me know that your device vibrates when you press the button.

Could you please confirm that you have followed these steps:

1. You have restarted your device.
  2. You have tried changing your Charge 3 clock face.
  3. You have tried the long restart.

Please let me know how it goes.

@SunsetRunner, thank you for trying the advised troubleshoot steps. Syncing issue won't resolve the lines so, I went ahead and created a case on your behalf. A customer support representative will assist you.

Thank you for your comment regarding Bangladesh support. 

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I’m having the same problem. 

I got mine for Christmas so less than 2 month old. 

I did the manufacture reset and and restart?

please help 

Best Answer

@Liveandcapture for mine the factory reset did not help and actually increased the amount of lines on the display. I also got my watch for Christmas so spoke to the shop we bought it from and they were more than happy to replace it, Hope this helps.

Best Answer

hi,

my fitbit charge 3 is showing a lot black lines, it started with one black line, now there's a lot of it. fitbit support twitter is not responding my inquiry.

Best Answer

I have only had my Fit bit for a month and I have several dark lines at the top of the screen.  Reboot has not helped.  Any other advice?

Best Answer

Mine is just missing one line of pixels near the top, if it worsens can I send it back for a replacement?

Best Answer

hello @AndreaFitbit  , I got the same problem and yes  I rebooted and restarted my watch and nothing happened, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

We have 2 fitbit3 with 2 different issues.

Fitbit3 #1-Mine (Carol):  same issue I'm reading above. I have the black lines running through my screen horizontally (I'd guess 5 lines) and vertically (too many too guess, most of the right side of the last number has vertical stripes and is getting harder to read).  I've done all the suggestions I could find from restarting, changing watch face, long restart, clear user data and reboot.  Scrolling through the other screens to get to weather or the other data, they all have lines running through them.

Fitbit3 #2 - husbands (Jeff):  just one day about a month ago it just wouldn't turn on. He thought the battery died so he left it plugged in. Still didn't work. We tried resetting it, browsed the forums for solutions, tried logging into his account and changing the clock face but that wouldn't link up to his fitbit3, as it's still not turning on. We just can't get it to turn on at all. Would you be able to help please? 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Forums @Lexluth0r@Fatmaq8@Mom2ZackRyan! It´s nice to see new faces around. 😁 I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your your Charge 3 screen inquiries. 

@Lexluth0r, have you tried the steps I mentioned on my previous post?

Thank you for rebooting and restarting your device @Fatmaq8. Could you please confirm that you have also changed clock faces.

@Mom2ZackRyan, I appreciate the time you took to explain what is happening to your Charge 3 devices. I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will help you. Please tell about your brother's case too. 

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I have 4 lines across my screen and I did the resets but no luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @unicorntears. It´s nice to see you around. I´ll be glad to assist you with your Charge 3 lines across its screen inquiry. Thank you for letting us know that you did the resets without success. 

Please let me know if you have already tried changing clock faces.

I´ll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes