Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark line on Charge 3 screen.. Missing pixels?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kCYd1jV1gxf1LKDR9

Hopefully my picture shows....but on my new Fitbit charge 3 there is a dark line. Could it be a pixel problem? I have tried restarting it and it jashas helped. Any advice?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

I cant change clock faces because not only are their lines in my fitbit face, but it wont sync either. It hasnt in over 4 months. I have contacted support about this but they havent done anything

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know that you can't change clock faces because your device won't sync either @unicorntears.

I would advise keeping in touch with our team and follow their instructions.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been contacting support for 5 months. This is such a joke. For as much money as a fitbit costs it seems like you all would stand behind your products. But all I ever get is the run around. So frustrating

Best Answer

Thank you for your feedback @unicorntears. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

its hard to use a device for motivation when it doesnt work. 

Best Answer

Im sorry to be cranky, but its just getting so crazy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mecha I have the same problem in the same conditions as you had. We're you able to solve it? @AndreaFitbit  can you hook me up with support? I did restart multiple times, changed clock's face. No solution. Ty

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I have tried all of the steps. Restarting the device. Changing the clock faces. I also let the battery run out to see if starting fresh that way would help. But no- since then I have acquired another line of missing pixels.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted support about the screen and they are taking care of it. 

Best Answer

Hi @unicorntears and @Lexluth0r, nice to see you around. @Martirio, welcome on board! Thanks a million for trying our suggested steps. You have done an amazing job!

@unicorntears, I'm sorry for the delayed in my response and I'm glad to hear that you're already being supported by our team. I'm sure they'll take good care of you!

@Martirio, I was informed by our Support Team that you've contacted them. Please follow their instructions as they'll look for the best option to bring you on track.

@Lexluth0r, since you've exhausted our suggestions and the screen isn't working as expected, I've requested a case for you. Our team will contact you back via email, so keep an eye to your inbox.

I'll be around, so keep me posted 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I have read the previous messages and tried all the steps suggested to fix the black lines issue. Charge 3 around a month old started with one black line last week now 3. Have restarted, rebooted, unbinded and synched and changed clock face etc. Everything that’s been suggested and no joy. How do I go about getting a replacement?

Many thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Beith. I´ll be glad to assist you with your Charge 3 display inquiry. Thank you for trying the advised troubleshooting steps in order to resolve this situation. 

I got in touch with our support team and they will contact you soon. Please check your email.

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Woke up this morning and notice I've now got a 2nd black lines across the top of the screen running through the clock face; very noticeable with the 2 lines now and close together.  I've read through this thread and tried all the suggestions except letting it run out of power for that will take a few days.  Still have those two black lines.  I purchased the product Apr 4, 2019 so just under a month old.  I guess Fitbit had a bad batch of Charge 3 devices made and we're experiencing the results of this.  Mine is the pure black version.

Any help getting this resolved would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Calamoor. I´ll be glad to assist you with your Charge 3 display inquiry.

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon. Please check your email.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a single line of dead pixels on my charge 3 purchased it on 3/17/19. Reboot didn't solve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ErickV, it's nice to see a new member around.

Thanks for your efforts in trying the restart and because your Charge 3 screen keeps showing the single line of dead pixels, I've gone ahead and requested a case for you so our Support Team can give you a hand. You should be getting an email from them soon.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just noticed my Charge 3 has one line of dead pixels towards the top of the device display. Tried rebooting, restarting, changing face clocks, cleared user data, and even tried the “hard reset while plugged into the charger” steps. No improvement. I’ve had it since early February 2019, and take very good care of the device. Please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Tbowers, it's nice to see a new face around.

Thanks for reporting that your Charge 3 is having the same behavior, as well for taking care of your device. I appreciate your efforts in trying our suggested troubleshooting steps, including the restart and I've contacted our Support Team so they can create a case for you. You'll receive an email from them shortly.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my charge 3 is having the same issue. There’s more than 6 black lines now, even after trying all of your suggestions. I bought the device around two months ago so I haven’t had a lot of use out of it yet. 

Best Answer

Hi @Lucyjh, it's nice to have you on board!

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3 behavior, as well for trying the suggestions posted through this thread. Because the restart didn't work on your device, I've contacted our Support Team so they can create a case and give you a hand. They'll contact you via email, so keep an eye on your inbox.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes