Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark line on Charge 3 screen.. Missing pixels?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kCYd1jV1gxf1LKDR9

Hopefully my picture shows....but on my new Fitbit charge 3 there is a dark line. Could it be a pixel problem? I have tried restarting it and it jashas helped. Any advice?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

Hi I am also experiencing this problem. First of all my Fitbit kept going completely blank and needed resetting on a regular basis. Then the black line appeared last week. It now has 3 black lines. Any suggestions? Reset does not fix this 

thanks in advance 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ps. I have also tried the troubleshooting options but no luck I’m afraid. I’ve had mine since Christmas I wear it every day and love it, sad that it’s not working as it should be. I had the charge 2 for over 2 years with no problems.

Best Answer

Hi. I am afraid I have 1 black line on my display (Charge 3). Tried to change the clock faces and reset the device but it does not fix the issue. How can I get support on this case? Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi @LK-84 and @Linocx. It's great to see new faces around!

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3 devices, as well for trying our suggested steps including the restart process. Because your devices are not working correctly, I've contacted our Support Team so they can create a case for each of you. They'll send you an email shortly with more details.

Let me know the outcome. Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Thankyou so much for your response. I contacted customer support via phone today who have emailed me a returns label. Once they receive my Fitbit they said they will send me a brand new one out as it’s a fault with the device. Should be with me by the end of the week. Great service. Thanks again, but go ahead and close my case 🙂

Lianne
Best Answer

Hi @LK-84, it's great to hear from you!

Thanks for taking the time to contact our Support Team. I'm happy to hear that you had a great experience with our team, as well that you'll receive a new device soon. I'm sure you'll crush your steps with this one!

Let me invite you to our Discussion Board where you can make new friends, create topics and share your experience while reaching your goals.

Hope to see you around. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this issue. I have tried everything suggested. The long reset has just made more black lines appear! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @VikkiJ21. I´ll be glad to assist you with your Fitbit screen. 
Thank you for trying everything suggested and for letting us know that long reset made more black lines appear.

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon. Please check your email. 

Let me know if  you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I bought the fitbit charge 3 last November, but recently it appears 3 dark lines on the top of display.

I've tried to reset the clock, change the clock display and nothing happened.

I'm really concern because I bought that in the US, but I live in Brazil.

Could you help me?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Amonlevade. It's nice to see new faces in here. I'll be glad to assist you with your Charge 3 display inquiry. I can help you online since you're in Brazil. Thank you for trying a reset and changing clock faces.

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon. Please check your email. 

Let me know if you have more questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same black line issues with my fitbit charge 3 and I tried restarting multiple times and changing the face time and also hard resets and still no luck fixing black lines.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have SEVERAL black lines on my screen. Around 8 of them. I have restarted it, long and short restart. Ive changed clock faces and the lines show in every click face.  I've only had my Fitbit charge 3 since a April.  Any other recommendations?

Best Answer

Hi, I've did a software update, and tried changing the clock face. but the lines are still there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have thr same dark lines across my screen and the charge only lasts a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue developing on my charge 3, and after the splitting screen debacle of the charge two that I thought was my fault, but was really a manufacture issue, I'm not going to settle for another faulty device.

I have done the reset of a few seconds, and the longer one suggested in this thread.  I have changed the clock face as well.  Also my charge 3 is developing syncing issues on top of it all.

I purchased my charge 3 from amazon.ca. at christmas. Assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Andrea. I bought my Fitbit charge 3 one month ago and it’s having the same issue everyone has. There is one black line on the top of my screen. I’ve tried the long and short restart and change the clock face. Unfortunately neither worked. Could you please help me create a case for the tech support? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jt2044@enturtle@merrxth @Rune1990 and @simiao0119. Welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry for my delayed response, and thanks to all of you for joining the conversation.

@jt2044@enturtle and @simiao0119, thanks a million for your efforts in troubleshooting your Charge 3 devices, as well for letting me know the outcome. Since the lines didn't disappear, I've requested a case for each of you so our Support Team can give you a hand. Keep an eye on your inbox.

@merrxth, thanks for updating your device and trying to change the clock face. I've been informed that you already have a case created with the Support team and they're providing you assistance with this. I'm glad that your case is already on their hands.

@Rune1990, thanks for sharing your experience with your devices, as well for letting me know that your Charge 3 is also not syncing. I see where are you coming from and I'm sorry that you've had this situation. I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. You should be getting a reply soon.

I'll be around if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as everyone else in this forum. I have about 5-6 black lines on the top of my screen. I have restarted the device several times over the past month (when the lines began) and changed the clock face, neither of which helped. The lines have increased over the last month. Please let me know what my next step is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi i also have this problem, now counting around 8 lines and getting worse every week, not had it long and ive tried all the methods suggested to fix it? can you assist?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @JSM23 and @LeeWAFU. I'll be glad to assist you with your Charge 3 inquiry. Thank you for troubleshooting this situation before contacting us. 

@JSM23, I got in touch with our support team and they have informed me that they have already helped you.

@LeeWAFU, I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon. Please check your email.

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes