Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark line on Charge 3 screen.. Missing pixels?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kCYd1jV1gxf1LKDR9

Hopefully my picture shows....but on my new Fitbit charge 3 there is a dark line. Could it be a pixel problem? I have tried restarting it and it jashas helped. Any advice?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

Good day 

I received my charge 3 as a gift last week. Have only worn it since Thursday and my screen also have dark lines. I have also noticed the the battery doesn’t  last. Should i return it to the store where i bought it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Wanda7306. I'll be glad to assist you with your Charge 3 screen and battery inquiry. 

To remove the lines on your device please restart it. Also follow the instructions of Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?

You can check the back of your the purchase receipt in order to check their return policy. 

Please let me know how it goes and if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem and I tried restarting my charge 3 and it didn’t help. What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KDM30, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3, as well for restarting it prior posting. Nice job! To continue helping you, I'd recommend to try changing the clock face and performing a long restart with the steps posted in this thread. If you have not done so, give it a try. 

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing. Is there an actual person who any of these suggestions has helped?? I received mine as a present about 3 weeks ago. Have taken perfect care of it and now has the one line across my screen. Did everything as suggested and it has not helped. Who do I contact to get a new one? I didnt buy it so I have no receipts, and I am almost sure the person bought it off Amazon, but they are not tech savvy and probably won't understand what I will need them to do. 

Best Answer
Fitbit customer service replied to my posting and then eventually sent a replacement.  I hope you get the same help. Good luckErinSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
Hi

I returned my to the store where i bought it. They had to send it to
Fitbit. Fitbit couldn’t fix it so they gave me a new one. Had mine for
only a week when it started. So if you can ask to return it and they need
to send it to Fitbit. Did everything i was told to fix it but nothing
helped
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Nice to see you at the community. I´ll be glad to assist you with your Fitbit display inquiry. 

@Jessietrent95, welcome. Please confirm that you have followed the advise of this post.

@enturtle and @Wanda7306, thank you for sharing your experience with us and I´m glad to hear that you´re back on track.

Keep on visiting the forums, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I literally just said I did all the suggested fixes.

Best Answer

Hi @Jessietrent95, I'm glad to see you here.

The question from the previous post was asked just to confirm that all our steps were exhausted, and we appreciate your efforts while troubleshooting your device. Since the issue is persisting, I've contacted our Support Team so the can create a case on your behalf. Keep an eye on your inbox, you should be getting a reply soon.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Didn't mean to appear rude! Just frustrated and worried I can't do anything about it since I'm not the one who paid for it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jessietrent95, thanks for getting back. I'm sorry for the delay in my reply.

I totally understand how you're feeling, and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Be sure that our team will work with you and help you out with this situation. If you need anything else, feel free to let me know.

Catch you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I've the exact problem.  Just found a line of dead pixel on my charge 3 today.  I've tried all 3 methods mentioned in the posts - restart, change the clock face, and long restart, but no luck at all.  Could you please help?

Best Answer

Hi @lanchi, welcome to the Community. It's great to see a new face around!

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3. You've done a fantastic job with the troubleshooting steps! Since the issue persists, I've shared your information to our Support Team, and apparently you already have a case created. They'll continue working with you and send you an email with more details.

See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue is the one one I currently have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Erikpen9. I´ll be happy to assist your Charge 3 screen inquiry.

Could you please confirm that you have followed these steps:

1. You have restarted your device.
  2. You have tried changing your Charge 3 clock face.
  3. You have tried the long restart.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Answer

Yeas I have done all three of those.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Erikpen9. I'm glad to see you here.

Thanks for confirming that you've tried our suggested steps, and I'm sorry that the issue persists. I've gone ahead and contacted our Support Team so they can create a case for you. They'll send you an email with more details, make sure to check your inbox, spam and junk folders.

Catch you later! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, dark vertical line in the display. The line is present on all screens not just the clock face screen. And all brightness settings.

I have done the following multiple times with no change to the dark line.

1 - restarted using the setting>about>reboot device

2 - rebooted using the 8 sec method, https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

3 - changed clock face.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes