Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark line on Charge 3 screen.. Missing pixels?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kCYd1jV1gxf1LKDR9

Hopefully my picture shows....but on my new Fitbit charge 3 there is a dark line. Could it be a pixel problem? I have tried restarting it and it jashas helped. Any advice?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

Hi @Mike762. It's nice to see new faces around!

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3, and the steps that you've tried prior posting. You did a fantastic job with them! Since the lines are still appearing on the screen, could you please confirm if you've also tried performing a long restart on your device? If not, please give it a try, so then I can share your information with our Support Team.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a few tries but I have done the 15 sec reboot a couple of times and unfortunately the line is still there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello !

I received a fitbit charge 3 as a gift 2 weeks ago and I'm already loving it.

Unfortunatly, I'm having the same issue with missing pixels. It started with 1 line at the top of the screen and it's getting worse (now I have about 3-4 missing pixels lines).

This post was a big in trying to fix the issue, however, none of the method solved it (tried the 8 sec reboot, 15 sec reboot, reboot through settings, etc.).

Anything else I could try to fix this or get some more help ?

Thanks in advance !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mike762. I'm glad to see you again. @VincentJ. Welcome on board. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

@Mike762, thanks for confirming that you've tried the long restart, and I'm sorry that the Charge 3 screen is still not working correctly. I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. They'll continue working with you via email.

@VincentJ, thanks for your efforts, as well for sharing how your Charge 3 is behaving. You did an amazing job with the troubleshooting steps! I've gone ahead and requested a case on your behalf so you can receive further assistance. Make sure to check your inbox.

Catch you later! Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem about the delay and thank you for opening a ticket for me 😉

I really hope it can be fixed so I can continue to enjoy my Charge 3 !

Best Answer

Hi @VincentJ, thanks for getting back and please accept my apologizes for my delay.

I'm glad that you're working with our Support Team and be sure that they'll provide you with further assistance. If you ever have another question, don't hesitate to let me know.

By the way, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussion Board where you can share your opinion in different topics, make new friends and even create topics about your motivation towards a healthy life!

See you around! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

No worries ! The support team got in touch with me super quickly and I already received the replacement unit (which is working perfectly) and I'm back on track.

Two thumbs up for the whole support process 😄

Best Answer

Hi @VincentJ. Welcome back to the Forums!

That's fantastic news! I'm glad that you had an outstanding experience with our team, and now that you're back you can start rocking those steps! You can always check our Discussion Board and feel free to post back if you have another question.

See you soon! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, i also have a problem with a line of dead pixels on my Charge 3.

It appeared when a message popped out that my battery was running low and dead pixels stayed there ever since... reeboted the system and it’s still there. What can I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having the same problem.  I have done a short restart, a long restart, changed the clock face, re-booted and cleared all user data but the screen stil has grey lines running top to bottom and I have three black lines side to side.  I got my fitbit for Christmas as a present - can you please advise if I can have someone check it for repair please

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi @berrpell and @CarolTinkler. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3 and the steps that you tried on your own. I'm sorry for the issues that you've experienced and I've checked your information with our Support team and apparently they already took your cases under their wings. They'll continue assisting you via email.

Hope to see you around more often.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi i am having the same issue with the black line. I have only owned my fitbit for 2 weeks and i have a line already. Very disappointed that it has started to do this already,

I have read the comments and i have tried the restart, change the clock and the long restart and it is still there. 

Best Answer

Hi @Carly79. Welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3, as well for confirming the steps that you've tried on your own to get the screen working. Since the screen still shows a black line, I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can give you a hand. Keep an eye on your inbox.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately the replacement device is now having a similar issue.  This time it is many horizontal lines instead of a vertical line.  I have gone through all of the previous things to try several times (changed clock face, reboot device, 15 sec reset/power-down/reboot)

Best Answer

Hi @Mike762. It's good to see you here in the Forums. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for troubleshooting your Charge 3 and sharing details about is behavior. I understand how you're feeling as this device was sent to you as a replacement and I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can take a look into this. They'll send you an email shortly with more details.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am surprised at how many people are experiencing the same issue with their Charge 3.  I am unfortunately having the same problem.  Dark horizontal lines have appeared across the top of my screen after charging one day.  It started at 1 and has rapidly progressed to about 6 or so.  It's starting to get hard to read so I decided to reach out to see if there was any way to repair it.

I've changed my clock face a few times, and have completed several reboots and long reboots with no positive results.  I purchased this in March 2019 and I really like it.  Is there anything else I can do?   

Best Answer

Hi @alwysluv2. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for letting me know that your Charge 3 is having the same behavior, as well for troubleshooting it with the steps suggested in this thread. I understand how you're feeling about this situation and appreciate you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Our team continues working on our devices based on every comment posted in the forums and be sure that your feedback won't go unnoticed. About your tracker, I've contacted our Support team so they can create a case and give you a hand. You should be getting a reply soon.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Best Answer

81391437_504939736825028_2188291738597064704_n.jpg

I am having the same problem =/  I bought my Charge3 on 8th March 2019, and have loved it so far but I charged it just before Xmas and got a dead line afterwards, and when I charged it a couple of days ago, the next one appeared.  Is it just going to keep getting more and more dead lines each time I charge it??

I have tried rebooting it, and the 8 and 15 second resets suggested on here - the picture above was taken after all attempts.  Is there anything else?  I couldn't see anything =(

It was $178 - I kind of hoped it'd last longer than this =/ 

Best Answer

Same issue here. Horizontal black lines. Did the reset, no change. Tried the 15-sec reset and nothing different happened. And it was the same as the short reset - no extra vibrations or anything. Tried resetting via and settings on the device. Nothing helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes