Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark line on Charge 3 screen.. Missing pixels?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kCYd1jV1gxf1LKDR9

Hopefully my picture shows....but on my new Fitbit charge 3 there is a dark line. Could it be a pixel problem? I have tried restarting it and it jashas helped. Any advice?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

I contacted customer support about my issue and found out that since my Charge 3 is 5 weeks past the 12-month warranty, the best they can offer is a 25% discount on a new tracker - which makes the Charge 3 actually still more expensive than the sale they are running right now. 

I’m switching to a Garmin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have switched to polar! Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Catkin and @Wanda7306, it's good to see you here. @Loripie, welcome on board. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

@Catkin, thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3 and the picture provided. You did a good job with the troubleshooting steps and I was told that you've got in touch with our Support team. Since they're handling your case, I'd recommend to continue working with them so you can receive more details.

@Loripie and @Wanda7306, I appreciate you for sharing your thoughts about the Charge 3 and I'm sorry for the experience that you've received. I understand your point of view and your feedback will help us to continue working on our devices and improve their performance. You're always welcome back to the Fitbit family.

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer

I got the same information from Fitbit. I am starting to look elsewhere. Sad customer service is lacking on an issue so many people are having. I have been a loyal Fitbit user. Time to find another tracker. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

image.jpg

 I really hate that I have this issue with my Fitbit. I have loved it and even bought three more for family members for Christmas. But, as you can see, my screen is almost unreadable. It was fine the end of Nov when the warranty expired and then the lines started appearing. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue 😞 I have tried resetting my Fitbit and changing the clock faces as per Andrea’s recommendations but no luck. This is my second issue with my Fitbit 😔 hopefully can have this resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge3 is doing something similar

20200116_234619.jpg

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's good to see you here and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

@LMO726 and @Loripie, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, as well for the picture. I'm sorry that you've had this experience with your tracker and be sure that our team reviews every commented posted in the forums to work on our products and improve them. Your feedback won't go unnoticed and if you have any question about the resolution given by our team, my best advise is to keep in touch with them so you can receive more details.

@Ilishflynn, I appreciate you for trying the steps suggested in this thread. I know how you're feeling about your Charge 3's screen and let's work on this together. Since the troubleshooting was exhausted, I've contacted our Support team so they can create a case on your behalf. They'll send you an email with more details so keep an eye on your inbox.

@cajunsmashed, thanks for attaching a picture of your Charge 3's screen. Since your post didn't mention, could you please confirm if you've tried the troubleshooting suggested by @AndreaFitbit? If not, please give it a try as those steps have worked for other users. Keep me posted.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
I reset mine 3xs times and it is still the same.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Hi @cajunsmashed, I'm glad to see you here and I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for confirming that you've exhausted our troubleshooting. Since your Charge 3's screen is still not working, I've shared all your details to our Support team so they can create a case and give you a hand. You'll receive an email shortly from them, keep an eye on your inbox.

Let me know the outcome.

Best Answer

Mine has the same kind of lines but mine are all near the top. And in the last few days has gotten worse. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LMO726. It's good to see you here again.

Thanks for keeping me updated about your Charge 3's behavior. I've been informed that you already have a case created with the Support team and they provided you with assistance via email. Since I don't have access to your case details, I'd recommend to keep an open communication so they can provide you with more information about your tracker and their resolution.

If you have another question, feel free to reply back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue has been resolved. Mine still fell under my 1 yr warranty so they sent me a replacement. Thanks for such great customer service!

Best Answer

Hi @cajunsmashedIt's great to have you here!

That's fantastic news! I'm glad that you received an outstanding experience with our Support team and I'm sure you'll crush many steps with your replacement.

By the way, I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members. If you have another question, don't hesitate to let me know.

Catch you later! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the exact same issue. Have tried factory reset, have tried long restart, still have an increasing amount of black lines across the screen. 
Purchased on 6/7/2019. 

Best Answer

I'm now experiencing the same issues. I first had one line and now I have 3 at the top so I can't read the date. I tried to reset from the device, reset plugged in, and changing the clock face. I purchased this device a few months ago from Best buy. Any advice would be of help.

Best Answer

Hi @Ryanod and @tcolejim. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for letting me know that your Charge 3 is showing lines on the screen, as well for the steps tried on your own. I understand your concern on this situation and I've requested a case for each of you so our Support team can further assist you. Please keep an eye on your inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank Lizzy. I appreciate the help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch shows small horizontal lines across the screen,

tried resetting multiple times, doesn’t work. Can someone please tell me what else to do. how to get in contact with customer service ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Went thru the reset steps and nothing has helped. Mine is five months old, and I actually keep a screen protector over it to keep it nice and avoid scratches. I sent a DM thru Twitter to Fitbit Support since I kept getting an error when trying to access help thru the app. If that’s not the best way, I’d appreciate someone setting up a support ticket. 

D300D820-054B-4FA1-9352-5E66666AB248.jpeg

Best Answer