Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark line on Charge 3 screen.. Missing pixels?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kCYd1jV1gxf1LKDR9

Hopefully my picture shows....but on my new Fitbit charge 3 there is a dark line. Could it be a pixel problem? I have tried restarting it and it jashas helped. Any advice?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

I have a charge 3 that also has dark lines through the display as well. I've had this only about 7 months. It goes through the time at the top and bottom and really does look like missing pixels. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tkartz, I got in touch with Fitbit Support and sent them photos of my device. After going through the short and long reset procedures and sending them another photo with the lines still present, they offered me a replacement Charge 3 or 50% off a new device. Strongly recommend you contact them -- if it's under a year old, they will probably replace it for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
thegreenheron ,

how do you get in touch with customer service?
I have send already some mails without any feedback.
That is why I posted this help question in the community.

thanks in advance for the help.

Vidiox
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Vidiox,

I sent a direct message through Twitter @fitbitsupport.

https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

They got back to me within an hour, and when they couldn't help, they set me up with Support which offered me a refund. If you don't have Twitter, I'd try maybe their live chat. I couldn't seem to access support's email through my device.

The email address for support that they contacted me from was https://contact.fitbit.com

Good luck. I hope you can get some help with your device!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I'm glad to see you visiting the Community Forums and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

@tcolejim, you're very welcome. @thegreenheron, thanks for sharing a picture of your Charge 3. I'm glad that you're receiving assistance from our Support team and appreciate your efforts while working on this. If you have any other question, don't hesitate to let me know.

@ewout_v and @Tkartz00, thanks for letting me know about the issues experienced with your trackers, as well for any step tried prior posting. To make sure you've exhausted our troubleshooting steps, aside of the restart process, please confirm if you've tried changing the clock face and performing a long restart. If not, give them a try as they have worked for others and let me know how it goes.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mechafiz 
@my Fitbit charge 3 has just started with black lines across the top of the screen. 
I don’t want to do a reset as reading through all the Comments it didn’t seem to help. 
Where is the support you got hold of and arrange watch replacement. My watch is 6 1/2 months old now. 

hope you could steer me in the right direction.

thanks very much

Best Answer
0 Votes
The best advice i can give is take it back to the retailer where you bought
the watch. They will need to send it back to Fitbit who will probably
replace it as ot cant be fixed
Best Answer

My Fitbit isn't even 6 months old & I'm having the same problem. I have tried short & long restarts & changing clock face several times. Nothing has changed. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GreenkeeperJHB and @WakkyKat. Welcome on board! @Wanda7306, it's nice to see you here again and I appreciate your help.

@GreenkeeperJHB, thanks for sharing that your Charge 3 has lines over across the screen, as well for your efforts while looking for a fix in the forums. I got in touch with our Support team and I've informed that you already have a case created with them. They'll send you an email with more details.

@WakkyKat, thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Charge 3. I'm sorry that you're having this experience and since the screen is still not working I've requested a case on your behalf so you can receive further assistance. Please keep an eye on your inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

If you need anything else, feel free to reply back.

Best Answer

Hey, Lizzy --

My Charge 3 began getting both horizontal and vertical lines sometime back in October, now so covered with lines I cannot read text messages or step count. It first stopped responding to a wrist-flick to turn on in September. I have done both long and short restarts, changed the clock face several times.

My Charge 3 was replaced by Fitbit for same problem last May. I hope I am still eligible for a replacement, let me know.

Is Fitbit/Google looking for a solution to the mystery lines? I love my Charge 3. My husband's Versa doesn't have this problem, but I like the size of the Charge 3. Any hope for a permanent fix?

Thanks for your help. Wendy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help, a replacement is on the way.

Is there any clue why Charge 3s seem to be having this problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @wendypayton and @WakkyKat. It's always great to see you in the forums.

I appreciate both of you for sharing your thoughts about your experience with the Charge 3. I understand your concern as the screen shouldn't have this issue. Your feedback is important to us as it helps us to enhance our products, services and overall performance. Our team continues working on the Charge 3 performance based on the comments shared in the forums.

@wendypayton, I'm sorry that your replacement is having this situation and thanks for the steps tried prior posting. Since the troubleshooting has been exhausted, I went ahead and requested a case for you so our Support team can provide you with further assistance. Keep an eye on your inbox.

@WakkyKat, thanks for keeping me updated and I'm glad that your replacement is on its way! I'm sure you'll crush many steps with that one.

I'll be around if you have any other inquiry.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy,

Unfortunately I’m here to echo all of the black line problems everybody is experiencing with their Charge3. I’ve tried all of the suggested remedies, to no avail. What more can I do?

Thanks,

Lauren

Best Answer
0 Votes

Click on one of the "Support Team" references in any of the posts, that will get you started.

Best Answer

Welcome on board, @MagnesonL@WakkyKat, it's good to see you here, and thanks for your help!

@MagnesonL, thanks for the time taken to troubleshoot your Charge 3 and I'm sorry that there is a black line on the screen. Although you mentioned to have tried all of the suggested remedies, do you mean that you've tried restarting your tracker, changing the clock face and performing a long restart? If not, please give them a try as they've worked for other members and keep me posted with the outcome.

I'll look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy,

Yes, I have tried those methods. 
Lauren

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased mine at Costco in December. I not only have the dark line, my clock will not change time zones. I was in the Pacific Time Zone and now in the Mountain Time Zone. I have tried to restart several times and nothing seems to work. I even turned the Fitbit off and that did not help. What do I need to do next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MagnesonL, thanks for getting back. @KINGIAC, welcome to the forums.

@MagnesonL, I appreciate you for confirming that you've exhausted our steps with your Charge 3. Since the screen is still not working, I've gone ahead and requested a case on your behalf so you can receive assistance from our Support team. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

@KINGIAC, thanks for joining this thread and sharing that your Charge 3 has a similar issue. You did a good job with the restart! Since your post didn't mention, please try changing the clock face and performing a long restart. Then monitor your tracker's behavior.

About the time not updating, it might be that your tracker isn't syncing correctly so please make sure you have the Bluetooth enabled, the Fitbit app updated and the location services enabled (in case you have an Android phone).

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have returned my Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have any of the suggestions worked for anyone? My charge 3 still has lines after the reset and changing clock faces doesn’t help either. It started with one line and that was okay but now i can barely read the data. Not even a year old and this is happening. Any advice would be great. 

Best Answer
0 Votes