Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark line on Charge 3 screen.. Missing pixels?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kCYd1jV1gxf1LKDR9

Hopefully my picture shows....but on my new Fitbit charge 3 there is a dark line. Could it be a pixel problem? I have tried restarting it and it jashas helped. Any advice?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

Hi,

I too have started to experience this issue. One line first appeared last week, but when I woke up yesterday morning, there were three horizontal lines across the screen. I have tried the short restart, changing the clock face, and the long restart, none of which have resolved the issue.

I have my Charge 3 since August, 2019. Can you please let me know what I should do next?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact the SUPPORT TEAM.

You can do this by clicking on SUPPORT TEAM in these threads, or from your Fitbit app. 

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

None of the suggested actions worked for me. Fitbit did send a free replacement. 

Contact the SUPPORT TEAM.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's great to see you here in the forums and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

@KINGIAC, thanks for the update and I'm sorry that you've had this experience with your Charge 3. Our team often reviews our forums to work on our products based on the feedback shared by our members, and be sure yours won't be the exception.

@goronking and @Pigfid, I appreciate your efforts while troubleshooting your trackers. Since the lines are still on the screen, I've gone ahead and got in touch with our Support team so they can create a case and give you a hand. You should be getting a reply via email soon.

@WakkyKat, thanks for stopping by and helping our friends!

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm had a similar problem and it hasn't been fixed with restart 😤. What's the deal fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am having the very same issues, I have done the long restart and tried changing the clock face countless times, no change ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this as well, still hasn't made any difference 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I have reset and restarted the Fitbit. I also changed the face twice and the problem still persists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

DM/PM fitbit support on Twitter they might offer a replacement 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, they did offer a replacement, but I'm out of warranty. So I get a
discount

Thanks
Gvaughn27
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues. There are black lines that make it hard for me to read messages on my screen. I tried all the suggestions, including restarting and changing the clock face, but those didn’t work. I would like to speak to someone to find out what Fitbit can do for me. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 has same problems too. Got the unit as a gift less than 6 months ago (November 2019). First the problem was the heart rate green LED was not lighting up, so my heart rate monitor is not working. Then I tried the restart/reset steps, but nothing changed. Miraculously after one day, the heart rate green LED was back lighting up, and the heart rate monitor was functioning. Then after few days, the heart rate monitor just stopped working again. I tried the restart and even the reset steps, and you know what, now the step sensor was not even working! It indeed became worse! I lifted up my Charge 3 but the screen couldn't turn on as before. Had to press the side button to wake the device. Then about the dark line on the screen, first it came out 1 horizontal line at the top. Now there was an additional vertical line at the left. I bet there will be more dark lines coming out soon. Chat with Fitbit online, gave them my email address, thought would get a reply, but apparently after 2 working days (Thursday to Monday), there is nothing showing up in my emails (I checked junk mail too just in case). Can someone please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@calson_goh wrote:

My Charge 3 has same problems too. Got the unit as a gift less than 6 months ago (November 2019). First the problem was the heart rate green LED was not lighting up, so my heart rate monitor is not working. Then I tried the restart/reset steps, but nothing changed. Miraculously after one day, the heart rate green LED was back lighting up, and the heart rate monitor was functioning. Then after few days, the heart rate monitor just stopped working again. I tried the restart and even the reset steps, and you know what, now the step sensor was not even working! It indeed became worse! I lifted up my Charge 3 but the screen couldn't turn on as before. Had to press the side button to wake the device. Then about the dark line on the screen, first it came out 1 horizontal line at the top. Now there was an additional vertical line at the left. I bet there will be more dark lines coming out soon. Chat with Fitbit online, gave them my email address, thought would get a reply, but apparently after 2 working days (Thursday to Monday), there is nothing showing up in my emails (I checked junk mail too just in case). Can someone please help?

Try dm/pm fitbit support on Twitter they might offer a replacement 

Best Answer

I have tried all of these steps...

I did the restart.

I did the long restart.

I changed the clock face (multiple times).

I cannot count the number of black lines, as I have so many.   Please help!   thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your problem sounds exactly like mine. Got reply within 24 hrs. Thanked me
for troubleshooting prior to asking for help and gave me a discount on a
replacement. Mine was outside of warranty. Sounds like you're a good
candidate for a replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks!   i am going to hold out for the new Samsung launch this autumn.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 3 also developed a couple dark lines about a week ago, then two days ago it increased to several lines making it hard to read the display. I found this thread and reset my device, but the only change was that the background developed a white tint to it, and it did not improve the lines. I just changed the clock face and then reset, but no change.  What else can I do? My screen is now completely unreadable, I can see just a couple lines that are normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my fitbit3 fir Christmas have resent it numerous times but still has pixels missing really annoying as you have to look intensely at it so you can make out what's there. Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up online chatting with customer service, they had me try a couple more things, then asked for my Fitbit account user name to verify my fitbit and account and sent me a new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes