Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard circle of death

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received my Charge2 yesterday and have it up and running.  However, the dashboard display on my computer has one tile that does not load and the little circle keeps spinning and spinning.  Cannot even determine what information it should be showing.  How can this be corrected?  No problems with the display on the iPhone.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes your mobile because you can't open the tile from your computer right now 😉

On your mobile you would:

"This "infinite loading" problem happens when one of the goals related to that tile is set to a bad number. For example, if you have your Floors Goal set to 0 or 0.5, the tile won't load properly. To correct this problem, please access your account via any of the Fitbit mobile apps and make sure all your goals are properly set to an integer greater than zero. It seems like the most common culprit is indeed the Floors Goal, so I'd recommend checking that one first."

...on the big "Today" tile on the mobile app, tap one of the activity counters ie, steps, floors, miles, cals, or minutes. Tap the gray settings gear in the upper right corner (just under battery status icon, tap the activity goal value that is not a "whole number" or zero, back space out the value, tap in the new goal value - tap "done" (under the battery icon again).  That should do it.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Congrats on the new Blaze @ALG15

Terrific everything is working for you except the computer page load item - my best suggestion is you hover over the tile with your mouse and down below a gray gear and a "See More" tab will pop up, click the gray gear and in the upper right of the tile there is a trash bin icon. Click it to make the annoyance go away.

You can actually bring that tile back down the road should your PC decide to play nice by clicking the white rubic cube icon to the upper left of the screen and adding back in the tile to troubleshoot.

There is some sort of personal data (perhaps location would be my best guess) that the tile is requesting from your computer and it is set to be unwilling to share.  Pop up blockers are also a picky bunch - disable any off those if you run across them in your troubleshooting.

Be sure to come back and let us know "which" tile it actually is when you figure it out so we can research the confusion on this end, also the make, model, OS of your computer 🙂

Happy to help, get some sunshine!

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info.  Nothing happens when I hover, click, right click or move the tile, the circle of death keeps spinning - the bar with the delete option never appears.  Will look through my setup information and see if anything that tile needs is missing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, still not working!  Also, in the heart rate tile, according to what I read, you tap on that tile and it giver you more detail about your heart rate and score - not working either.  I don't even know what else might not be working!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello folks!  I have a new Charge 2 also and  have the blank tile like the OP as shown in the attachment below. I can't even delete the tile because the mouse hover does not bring up the Settings Icon so you also don't get the Delete Icon.  It can be moved around but that's about it.  I have the same result on 3 different computers, a tablet and a smart phone while using 4 different browsers on the computers plus the tablet and phone android browsers.

My computers are all Toshiba laptops with various editions of Windows 10 both Pro and Home.

Any further ideas?

C.B.  

Capture.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are only two other "tall" tiles, Today and Friends.

go to settings in the windows App, Then "applications" in the left column

Check that Fit Web Application is there (not to be confused with "Fitbit for Phone" App which should also be there) this is a good time to "revoke" access for any other third party apps you may have on the list.

also check this post from @MatthewFitbit Link  Could be a goal set error - interface doesn't like decimals, just change to a whole number, from a working mobile.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since my last post, I've done everything you suggested plus restarted FitBit 3 times and the main computer twice all to  no avail.  I also changed my stride length from 31.5 to 31 which also didn't help.  I added Friends and it just opened a new tile leaving the spinning one alone. I can't find anything labelled "Today" for a tile.  

I didn't get any help from your reference which has nothing to do with our problem.  Perhaps you can clarify.

I really appreciate your time and effort on this.  Am anxious to see if the OP got any help from any of the suggestions.

C.B.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto what CBWilsha said.  I removed the Friends tile and there are no other tiles left of the list of available tiles besides the Friends that I deleted.  I too cannot find a 'today' tile, so it must be the once with the circle of death.  I went to settings and I do have both the apps mentioned above and neither one is revoked.  HELP!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try the goal error fix in the link just above?

Use your mobile to change your goal to a whole number (no zero and no decimals)

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to but haven't been able to see  anything in the list your link gives me about goals. Sorry to be so dense but you will have to be more specific.  For another thing, which Goal are you talking about?  There are many different goals it appears. Also, I don't use a mobile so is it absolutely necessary to use a mobile for the change?

C.B.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes your mobile because you can't open the tile from your computer right now 😉

On your mobile you would:

"This "infinite loading" problem happens when one of the goals related to that tile is set to a bad number. For example, if you have your Floors Goal set to 0 or 0.5, the tile won't load properly. To correct this problem, please access your account via any of the Fitbit mobile apps and make sure all your goals are properly set to an integer greater than zero. It seems like the most common culprit is indeed the Floors Goal, so I'd recommend checking that one first."

...on the big "Today" tile on the mobile app, tap one of the activity counters ie, steps, floors, miles, cals, or minutes. Tap the gray settings gear in the upper right corner (just under battery status icon, tap the activity goal value that is not a "whole number" or zero, back space out the value, tap in the new goal value - tap "done" (under the battery icon again).  That should do it.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer

BINGO!  Floors was set at 0 (zero). I changed to 1 and the tile in question now loads.  It is the Today tile you mentioned in an earlier post.  So this ought to correct the OP's problem also.

Thank you very much for hanging in there with me.

Incidentally, I'm in Texas also and am preparing for the Tropical Storm Cindy which is predicted to hit us head on late tomorrow evening.

C.B.

Best Answer

Just got back home.  Changed floors from 0 to 1 and the tile now loads.  🙂

Thank you so much for your help.

Best Answer

Yay!

Great job.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would dearly like to flag your post above, message #11 in this thread, as Solution but have been unable to do so.  Best I could do was Highlight and that doesn't seem to last.  I see Solution marked elsewhere in the Forum.  When I click the 3 dots for all the possible actions to your post, I don't get Solution as a choice. I did at least get to give it a Vote and I thank you for voting for my post.

Can you give some further instruction?

C.B.

Best Answer

done, thanks @SunsetRunner 

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer
0 Votes

Holy cow, or words to that effect. I have an open ticket on this item for over a year and never head anything from Fitbit.  Yesterday, it started working and I thought I'd mention that.  Well In looking for similar posts I now know why:

Since I live in a one story house w/o a basement I have NO stairs and have had my Floors set to zero.  Not sure why, but yesterday I set the goal to 1 and the "always loading" tile now successfully loads.

Amazed that in over a year with an open ticket, Fitbit never bothered to tell me how to fix it. - Well work around the problem as one should be able to set floors to 0 if there is only 1 floor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FINALLY someone managed to come up with a solution to this. Has been a constant irritant for about a year now. Twice contacted Customer Support who could see the issue but not how to solve it. Thank you WMChapman.  Oh happy days Cat Happy Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes