Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties to sync/set up my Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Checked other posts, suggestions there are either out of date, or haven't helped.  

Device : charge 3

Android version: 10

Last sync was the 16th of November. 

What I have tried:

Turning Bluetooth off and on. 

Restarting phone. 

Restarting App. 

Restarting fitbit while connected to the PC. 

Checking background settings such as power usage, data and location are enabled. 

Deleting device from the list and reconnecting - this results in the device found, but then hangs on the "connecting..." screen. 

Deleting the fitbit app, and clearing cache and deleting data. Fresh install of the app. Same issue. 

I have tried while the device is on charge and my phone is next to the router for maximum WiFi. 

Unfortunately, due to the limited / non existent data in the app about sync status, I cannot tell you at what point of the sync process it is failing. Before I deleted it, it said looking... Which implies that it cannot be seen, however after deleting the device it said found, but hung on the connecting screen. I'm not sure of the accuracy of the terminology used, so I cannot provide any other data. Please could you help? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @MikeRK.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties to sync your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

Please verify if your cellphone is part of the list of compatible devices. If it's not there, you might be able to sync but we won't be able to guarantee an optimal performance.

In addition, if your computer has built-in Bluetooth and Windows 10 or you have a different mobile device, you can try to sync your Tracker. You can visit the following articles to resolve syncing issues or set up issues.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Hi There, 

My phone is an Honor 10, its a compatible device and has worked with my charge 3 for over a year. 
My PC does not have a built in Bluetooth adapter. 

I have already followed the trouble shooting steps on your website, and the steps you linked are for the Charge 4.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response @MikeRK.

In the list of compatible devices here, we find the Honor 6X and Honor 8. Since the Honor 10 is not there this means that it has not been tested by our engineering team and it is not fully compatible to sync with Fitbit products. There are some users who can sync and receive notifications from mobile devices not tested by our team but in these cases we are not able to guarantee an optimal performance.

The steps linked in my response above are actually for all Fitbit devices including the Fitbit Charge 3.

EdsonFitbit_0-1609896340721.png

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So basically what you're saying is that I've wasted 200 quid on a poorly designed product, but due to the small print, it's my fault...

Well done fitbit, you've permanently lost a customer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @MikeRK.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes