Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display on my Charge 2 stopped working. I get nothing. It still syncs to my phone, but no display and no notifications. I have restarted multiple times, but no change. Anyone else experience this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

No. Both i and my partner will not be willing to pay for an upgrade.  This will be going to the Australian Dept of Fair Trading for this case - especially given so many people appear to be having the same problem simultaneously.  I had a fair amount of conversation with Fitbit support who promised to get back to me in the next day or two.   Four days later - nothing.   Piss poor support 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t say much (because when I do they private message me they they have removed my post because it’s irrelevant).

I’ll say this — I have purchased 4 fit bits and not a single one has lasted two years. That’s all. You do the math.

----------------

I also will not upgrade this time. I’ve owned 4 fitbits over time, and all failed right after the one year mark.

Best Answer
Nope

Tracey Whorlow
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped this morning,  about 45 minutes ago.  Screen is blank,  no data,  nothing.  What's going on?.  I've tried to contact FB via the app it won't connect,  pushing me to Twitter instead and I do not have a Twitter account!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck. All of my fitbits (4) broke down after the one year mark. I was offered a small discount to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I called them, found and emailed. Tech team did reply and sent me a new one, but the screen is so light and pixels still missing . Not a great replacement . Really frustrating. I’ll see if I can find my email to them and get you the info . They had me go thru a list of things to get it to work first .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn’t work for me!  Fitbit Charge 2 Display quit showing anything a few days ago but it still syncs with the app, charges and tracks everything!  Worked when I went to bed; nothing showing the next morning!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried a few of these solutions but nothing is working.  I don't think I'll trade up to another fitbit since I see so many people with problems.  I have lost some faith in the brand.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too. My display has dimmed more and more and will reliably fail to black soon. Just like all of them have. Mine is a charge 3. I really like it for the weight snd features and look but ……

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too
A big problem

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m going to see if Australian Consumer Authority can do anything

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Bands for the devices don't last very long either...I now have an Ionic; I
like the Ionic and its functionality but I would expect the band to be
designed better...lasted a little over a year...disappointing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No change: display still blank

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 2 fitbits with the displays dieing I switched to Amazfit GTS. I have been happy with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My dad's Fitbit Charge 2 got the same problem: the sensor is still working with green lights but the display is black. Somehow I could restart the display after a number of times trying. First I connect it to the charger, then press and hold the button until the display shows the Fitbit symbol (I also notice there is a white band on the side of the screen). I take it off the charger, then press the button again; sometimes nothing is showing so I repeat the process again until it does. I put it back on the charger, leave it there for a while then press the button again. If the battery symbol is showing, there is a chance that the display will work again. I leave it on the charger for a bit longer then take it off and try to press the button to see if anything is showing. I do not know how I got the display working again but I keep doing that until it does. The Fitbit Charge 2 manual does not show any troubleshooting at all which is so frustrating. Too bad I do not have anything to video record what I did to show.

Best Answer

After 3 different fitbits having the same problem, My wife and I changed to Amazfit brand from walmart. We have had them for 2 years without  any issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting us know

Don’t blame you. Will never buy another Fitbit

Cheers from Oz!!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

For anyone else having this issue please restart the tracker first 3 times in a row by doing the following: Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter. Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely. Your tracker should start charging.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having exactly the same problem. I'll throw it in the bin before I buy a new one. We should get more than 1 or 2 years out of it considering they are not cheap. Customer Service is rubbish. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I had a really funny situation with the firbit charge 2 display. I'm not talking about displaying everything from right to left or shifting the image a few pixels to the right or no display at all. Today I had a situation where the screen is always showing the same. Same time, same heart rate and steps. The funniest thing was that at 7:00 in the morning when I woke up I checked and it was 10:29. I thought I was late for work :). Nothing helps to improve the situation. Changing the display template or restarting the device did nothing. The funny thing is that the screen goes on and off as usual. It seems that the Fitbit Charge 2 screen is a separate device and may just freeze. I guess I will have nothing else to do than wait for Charge 2 to discharge. Interestingly, the first problems with the screen (no image) appeared just after it was fully discharged and put into the charger. When connected, the device vibrated but showed nothing. Of course, as others have written, all other functionality of the device is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes