Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display on my Charge 2 stopped working. I get nothing. It still syncs to my phone, but no display and no notifications. I have restarted multiple times, but no change. Anyone else experience this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

Already Have they offered me a 25% discount on a new one. My wife was given the same story and her blaze. Both were about 13 months old. If this is the kind of product that fit bit wants to put out then we are done with that company.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think I’m done too!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought a different one from EBay. Very stylish, one year warranty, 1/3 rd the price and a real glass crystal unlike the cheap plastic Fitbit is using that scratches very easily. Does exactly the same thing as the Fitbit and is waterproof

Lance
Best Answer
0 Votes

I definitely agree with this.  I had two Charge HR, both of which lasted less than a year, and now the Charge 2 lasted just over a year.  I'm guessing it is some kind of planned obsolescence, so that you have to buy a new one each year.

I think I'm going to try something from Garmin.  Hopefully that will last a little longer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lance,What is the name of it? I want something waterproof since I do aqua aerobics.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

@lmckillop th Amazon user reviews for this watch speak for themselves. Some users can wear in the shower, when or some found a sprinkle of water destroyed theirs  some love it, many hate it. 

Best Answer
Well the reviews on the Fitbit Charge 2 are not that great as well. So far showered, sweated like crazy, and was in the pool , no issues. It is also only $32 Canadian....I can buy 5 of these for the price of the Fitbit that has a design flaw.....oh wait reset it and that will fix it.....not

Lance
Best Answer
0 Votes

But the Charge 2 is not advertised to be water resistant to 5ATMs

Best Answer
Exactly that’s why this is better as you can wear it to track your exercise while swimming. Bottom line the Fitbit Charge 2 has a design flaw causing the screen to blank. Read the posts not just mine . How many other people did this happen to and they never bothered to say anything? Even when my Fitbit Flex died, support told me the same thing over and over with out any resolve . Make sure you charge it right ???? Really that’s the best you can come up with? The Fitbit’s are not cheap. The support is not great...actually support is non existent. They are quick to offer you the 25% off a new older model of Fitbit .

Lance
Best Answer
0 Votes

I never swam in mine. I had to take it off which means I didn’t have an accurate record of my workout!

Thanks Lance! I will check it out.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey folks! It is great to see you around! 

For those who have display issues on your Charge 2, first of all, I would suggest you to restart it by following the instructions in this post. 

I can see that some of you have already contacted our Support team for further help, which is great! Thanks for taking the time to do that. Now in regards of the response that you had, as you were explained, depending on your warranty, different options may be offered. To get you back on track, our team try to choose the most appropriate for you. Seems that some of you got a replacement and for other ones, the option was a 25% discount towards the purchase of another Fitbit. Let me tell you I understand that you've invested in the Fitbit Family, however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.  While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Well, just like Fitbit customer service, you don’t know anything! We have been saying we have been doing the reset and nothing happens. All my Fitbit does is vibrate. No display. I can’t afford another one at this time. And since Fitbit doesn’t care about quality of their products, I’m just not going to get another one when I do have the money. 

Moderator edit: Word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes
Has FitBit considered the possibility that the Charge 2 may be defective since so many are having the same problem!  There's no telling how many had that problem that has not reported it.  It is inconceivable to have to "invest" in a new FitBit every 9 - 12 months!  That just appears to me to be a waste of very hard earned money.  
Best Answer
If I dropped my Fitbit or wore it in the shower and damaged it my bad . If you look at the posts this IS NOT A ISOLATED CASE . There is a design flaw. So no other Fitbit Charge 2 globally has lost the screen ? I find it hard to believe . Saying your global is your way of not taking responsibility for the design flaw . Many companies are global and will have a recall on defective products . Don’t want a new Fitbit just want you to fix the one I have . Again read the posts your reset of the Fitbit does not work . Not one person has said it worked . When my Fitbit Flex died I got the same story , reset it ?? Too bad because I liked Fitbit but cannot see myself recommending this product to anyone, until Fitbit takes responsibility for their design flaw.

Lance
Best Answer

HeydyFitbit you’re ignoring the root cause of most complaints. That is, the device appears to have a 14-16 month service life before failure, which is simply not good enough. I understand how warranties work and it’s insulting intelligence to suggest that we expect the warranty rules to be bent; What we expect is a product, that is worn daily, to be a bit more enduring than it appears to be in too many cases.

Best Answer

@EsG14 I guess my Charge 2 is lying to me after 2 years it is still running fine

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I guess you just type in Fitbit Charge 2 display not working just so you can tell people yours works? I would of never thought to look to see if mine hadn’t crapped out. You must work for Fitbit , or you just go on the Net and check out these posts to tell everyone how great the Fitbit is????? Design flaw and Fitbit needs to take responsibility.

Lance
Best Answer
0 Votes

Huh? Who are you asking?

Best Answer
That's wonderful because mine and so many others aren't. Do you wear it daily?

Dr. Powell
Best Answer
0 Votes