Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display on my Charge 2 stopped working. I get nothing. It still syncs to my phone, but no display and no notifications. I have restarted multiple times, but no change. Anyone else experience this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@EsG14 I guess my Charge 2 is lying to me after 2 years it is still running fine

No offence mate, but given the title of this thread, why are you replying on it? No one here is saying that ‘every’ Charge 2 gives up the ghost after 12-16 months, but the cast majority of posters is reporting a flaw that renders the device as useful as a chocolate teapot after what just about everyone agrees is a really poor length of time. 

I have no intention of questioning your device’s integrity, but it’s clearly the rare keeper in this sea of less than optimum reliability. 

Best Answer
I am glad yours works fine . The vast majority of people’s don’t . I only found this post as my display is not working. So I went looking for a fix . Which makes me wonder Dr Powell, why are you replying to this post when it says Fitbit Charge 2 display issues??? Do you work for Fitbit? Seems strange that you would just happen upon this?
Mine worked fine for just over a year and then didn’t. Read the posts , all of them . More people having issues then not. These sport trackers are not cheap. I truly believe there is a design flaw or this would be a isolated case.

Lance
Best Answer

I'm replying to the one who says that all Charge 's die in 12 months. In reality I don't know any Charge 2 owners that have had their units less than a year. I do know one after 2 years is having battery problems. 

BTW because I did not unsubscribe the message popped up in my email. I did not go searching for it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand that most companies don't intend for their products to last forever (think of chewing gum and how fast the flavor fades) and are in business to ultimately make money, but it seems that the quality of a product and retaining happy customers is no longer a primary concern for a lot of businesses these days and it's really sad. If so many people are complaining about the same problem they're experiencing with the same product, one would think that there is a problem with the design of the product and would want to make customers happy by fixing the problem and standing by their product. I assure you that this thread is not the only one on the forum complaining about the issue of the display going dead at random. What's even more frustrating is that this happens to so many people after the product is conveniently out of warranty. Something needs to be done to fix the problem and giving out a 25% off coupon to purchase a new tracker is not very helpful, especially since I have sincere doubts whether any Fitbit I purchase will last longer than a year now.

Best Answer

W

@Rich_Laue wrote:

I'm replying to the one who says that all Charge 's die in 12 months. In reality I don't know any Charge 2 owners that have had their units less than a year. I do know one after 2 years is having battery problems. 

BTW because I did not unsubscribe the message popped up in my email. I did not go searching for it

With respect, you’re either a plant for Fitbit or someone who enjoys running interference. Contributors to this thread have an issue with Charge 2s in the main, they want results and aren’t really interested in Fitbit employees or advocates who say how good the device is, as it’s simply not our experience. Ta

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed 100%
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry Dr Powell . I also bought another fitness tracker that is not a Fitbit as this is my second Fitbit to stop working .

Lance
Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems to be my only option at this point!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys. I appreciate everybody's response. Please note that here at the Community, all of your comments are taken into consideration so we provide feedback to our team based on these posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here. 

I have to thank those of you guys who already contacted our Support team for further help and for trying the tips that they suggested you. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information if it is needed, as our support team checks all the cases and looks for the best way to help you out. 

Our team is always working to improve Fitbit products and services to offer motivation and help all the users to reach their fitness goals. So in order to do that, Fitbit uses the best materials for the design of the trackers. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us folks! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since there is so many fitbits with the same problem don’t you think the company should stand behind their products. Instead they make the same statement and ignore their customers. When I spend this kind of money on a product I expect more than 13 months of use.

I bought the Charge 2 my wife the Fitbit Blaze and we both got the same bad screen that only lasted 13 months. Coincidence I think not after all the emails I have received from your customers with the same exact problems. You have lost a lot of customers including my wife and myself. But this doesn’t seem to matter to your company. 

I am going to find a company that will stand behind their products 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone sorry to hear about your Charge 2 display not working. For anyone new to the thread please try restarting your tracker. If this doesn't work then please let our Support team know so they can further assist you.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response but the watches are going blank at about 13
months old so the warranty is then up.

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your support team asks you to reset your Fitbit , when you tell them it doesn’t work because , it doesn’t work . They then tell you your past the one year warranty and offer you 25% off a new, old version of a Fitbit. Talked to guys at work and they are on their second or third Fitbit.
As I’ve said before it’s a design flaw and Fitbit needs to step up to the plate and take responsibility....your not the only fitness tracker in the game anymore and if you want to uphold your reputation then deal with it or get left behind.

OMG you people really don’t listen do you?? Restarting your Fitbit does not working! Once the screen is blank it’s garbage. What is wrong with you guys ?

Lance

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Don’t bother contacting customer service. They won’t help! I was promised an email with discount code and never got it. This is the only activity tracker authorized at my work and I needed to buy a new one. I can’t get anything back because I bought it at Best Buy and not from the Fitbit website. I don’t know why it shocks them that people won’t but from their site when customer service won’t follow through on what they say.

Best Answer

Mine just happened this morning, After I press the button to check the time, the display freezes and won't turn off. After sometimes the display turns off and never turned on again. tried the troubleshooting but to no avail. contacted the Customer Support. Lucky for me that my device is still under warranty, and they offered me for a replacement. Check the status of shipment and it's on its way. 😃 Hope that the replacement will last longer than my busted fitbit tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the same issue I have with my charge 2 as well and it's 18 months old.  I do not recommend purchasing Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 stopped working suddenly. It is close to two years now. I have used it with utmost care. When I contacted Fitbit they suggested some basic troubleshooting exercise and when it didnt resolve the problem they asked me to send the purchase details to see if I would qualify for replacement. After I send them the details they came back saying my warranty period has expired. And instead of trying to fix the problem on my tracker the Support team suggested I look at newer models of the trackers that were recently released!

There was an app update few days ago. Plus I have been receiving emails about the new Charge 3. And then all of a sudden my tracker stops. 

Buying a new tracker every time it stops functioning or whenever a new model is released is not a viable option. 

I am curious as to what Fitbit has to say about such customer experiences.

Yes mine stopped working 2 days ago. Looks like so many of us are facing the same problem with Charge 2.

Fitbit should seriously look into this and resolve the issue instead of suggesting we purchase new model as warranty period has expired.

Glad to know your tracker was replaced.

It seems Charge 2 has problem with display for new and old units alike. So as a customer centric company Fitbit should look into resolving the issue and if it cannot be resolved should provide a free complimentary replacement. 

To say a replacement cannot be provided just because warranty period has expired is not the right response in this instance.

Clearly there apppears to be a problem with Charge 2 screen. Mine froze. Fitbit should replace all models facing this particular issue if they cannot resolve the issue.

Warranty or No warranty is out of the question here.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Pretty much exactly my experience as well! Although I don't remember when
the most recent update was in comparison to when my tracker stopped
working, out of the blue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well said. I dont know how many more Charge 2 has to fail before Fitbit wakes up. I was told they are unable to pinpoint the defect and thst warranty has expired. Same old story and cheap tricks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 restarts didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes