Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display on my Charge 2 stopped working. I get nothing. It still syncs to my phone, but no display and no notifications. I have restarted multiple times, but no change. Anyone else experience this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

From the first time I contacted Fitbit about the failed unit, they were clearly following standard protocol of asking us to try certain resetting features, giving us a vague hope that somehow the device would be fixed.

While all along they know the end result is otherwise. 

And this community is also not helping in any way. Fitbit is happy and would allow us to vent our feelings here, as long as we dont raise these concerns with proper consumer rights protection authorities. 

Countless devices have failed with the same problem and the company isnt paying heed to it. They would listen only when their sale drops drastically by then it would be too late.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dr. Powell
Best Answer
0 Votes

In general help desks have a script with troubleshooting steps that are known toto help with specific problems.

The steps to try generally will vary with the type of device being used to sync/setup through making it helpful to add when requesting help on these boards. I degrees.

I find that if the help desk is not able to help, I can  get the help person to contact a technician or  will ask to have the case esculated.

Best Answer
I'm not giving anymore money to them either. Very disappointed
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this, didn't change a thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried what @Timkatt I don't see any quote to know who you're referencing

Best Answer

Hi Rich, 

I don’t know who you are and how old are you? However, your working style is very amateur way. If you would like to guide the users, please make a video for reference. Everything should be clear and transparent. 

Please do not talk general something & no-sense words if you would like to be the company’s representative here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess in addition to the screen on my fitbit, the reply feature of this message board doesn't work either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Display not working but still hooked up on phone

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can replace the battery here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkHxFVX0Ut8

Thank you & best regards,
Nguyen Duy Dung (Mr.)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is still sync to my phone but the display is not working how can I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very similar problem although there is a very faded display (I know this because I can see it when in a dark room); however under normal lighted conditions, I cannot see the display.  The fading of the display was gradual over about three days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked! Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
the display on my fitbit charge2 is not showing inspite of sevaral attemptsof restarting
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this solution once, and got a line to display, but nothing else.  Tapping or resting did nothing.  Tried it a second time and it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Same problem with my Charge 2 - green lights OK, syncs with phone, records data but screen is completely dead. I have followed advice re resets but this has not solved the problem. The Charge 2 buzzes when I reset but there is no display on the screen. Disappointed!

Best Answer

I opened the clock faces option and chose a different one and it worked.  Then I chose the original one and it worked too.  Problem solved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for taking the trouble to reply to my post. Unfortunately, changing the clock face has not fixed the problem. Still empty.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the restart suggestion but it's still not working

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes