Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display on my Charge 2 stopped working. I get nothing. It still syncs to my phone, but no display and no notifications. I have restarted multiple times, but no change. Anyone else experience this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339
Did you try changing the clock face?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is just a year old and the screen has gone black. I tried to reset but I am getting a scrambled screen for a few seconds. Is the fitbit only designed to last for a year or less. Based on the comments it seems such is the case.How disappointing!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
i have tried its still not working. Chatted with them they more or less
implied i should get a new one

--
Regards

'Funmbi Ojobe
Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the purpose of stating the issue with our Charge 2 when none of the representatives responds or even acknowledges your problem. The lack of customer support leaves much to be desired. The only other option would be to inform as much people as possible that Fitbit products are no good and it is a scam to get people's hard earned money. The mere fact that the product is designed to fail just after the warranty expires had to be a deliberate attempt of the company to "con" people of their money.

@belee wrote:

My fitbit is just a year old and the screen has gone black. I tried to reset but I am getting a scrambled screen for a few seconds. Is the fitbit only designed to last for a year or less. Based on the comments it seems such is the case.How disappointing!!!!!

Best Answer

@belee i have gone through the same frustrating experience. Fitbit has clearly let us down. They should have printed in bold letters on the box that the device wont be repaired after the warranty period of 1 year. And that means throwing the unit and buy a new Fitbit product.

Also none of our posts here are going to be taken seriously. Remember this is Fitbit community moderated by their people. We have to resort to social media to spread this message.

Why would anyone in his or her right mind invest lot of hard earned money in a unit that might work only for a year when cheaper alternatives are available.

Sometimes brand image is not what you expect it to be, as I have learned the hard way from Fitbit. 

Best Answer

@walkover you are right we need to copy these pages with the issues and put it all over social.media so people would know that the fitbit product is ni good. I have already start spreading the word and instead of complaining and still purchasing another fitbit look fir an alternative.

Best Answer

Exactly. Anything posted in the community stays within the community. We have to get this message across to would be users of Fitbit product. Also make Fitbit realize their mistake and change their policy.

Fitbit just cant expect users to throw away a device every year and then buy a new one. 

Best Answer
Really Fitbit charge 2 I had purchased two times and with in ayear it is nonfunctional
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is fully charged and this shows when I plug it in to my computer however my screen is still blank,

I have tried restarting initially holding button for 4 seconds when this didn't work I tried the other suggestions i.e. hold for 10-12 seconds.the fitbit switches on with the logo then screen goes blank. it is only 3 months old. help please

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys, I hope you are doin' fine! 

I'm sorry to hear that the display of your Charge 2 aren't working. On the other hand, I appreciate you have taken the time to solve this by, first of all, trying to restarted it. Besides that tip, I would suggest you to try to set it up as a new device and see if something appears on the screen. There is something else that I'd like to add, please do not try to remove the battery of your Charge 2. It is not possible to replace it, and if you try to do that, you'll void the warranty of your Fitbit device. If you need further assistance, please contact our Support team, so they can guide through other troubleshooting or review some other options to get you back on track. 

For those who already contacted our Support team, thanks for taking the time to do that. 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Hi

Thank you for your advice. I have done as you suggested - removed the old device from my account and tried to set it up as a new device. Unfortunately, setting up as a new device requires me to enter a code into my iPhone. Since there is no display I cannot see the code and cannot proceed with the setup!!! So I have effectively taken a step backwards. Whilst previously I could not see the display on my fitbit I could still track on my phone (because they still synced). Now I can’t even do that!!

I am very disappointed!

LF
Best Answer

Thanks for trying what I suggested @LungFalang. Considering that the issue with the display of your Charge 2 persists, I have escalated your case with our Support team so they can further assist you. So please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know the outcome! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi Everyone,

I am getting the same problem as everyone else where I cannot see anything on my Charge2. In conclusion, after speaking with the Support team... I was told there was no way to send in your Fitbit to get it fixed. If your warranty has expired, tough luck. They will then try to sell you on another device. The end. 

-K

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is true @KennethC unlike some other companies that allow a user to send in, at there own cost, for repair then charge almost the cost of a new unit to repair the device, Fitbit has chosen to offer a substantial discount to the user. Price wise it works out to about the same, and Fitbit doesn't charge shipping. Plus the Fitbit user could be getting a brand new unit.

Best Answer

Fitbit Charge 2 received at 2018 Christmas.  Display quit working.  Tried your suggestion of charging Fitbit fully, then holding power switch for 10-12 secs.  Still no display, thus can’t provide software version. Fitbit still syncs with App on phone.  Any other suggestions - thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way to connect the tracker to an iPhone when the display does not work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had mine for less than a year and all of a sudden the display dimmed and I can’t seen it anymore

Best Answer

Yes.  I jumped through all of the hoops they asked me to, and it still didn't work.  They finally replaced it a couple of weeks ago, and now my new one is doing the same thing.  I'm not happy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My display stoped working when i charge it it vibrates but nothing is displayed on the screen.Please help me with this.

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit I have tried all your solutions tried restarting cleaning it but my charge 2 vibrates when i do so but the display is still blank. Please help me. 

Best Answer