Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a Fitbit DONGLE OR Can I Use a universal dongle

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought a fitbit charge 2 at Best Buy and teh guy said I can use a universal dongle so he sold me a Insignia 4.0

Well I do everything the set up says and I get thru all the way to where it says plug in dongle and I do ,but nothing happens.

Now on my devices it shows bluetooth,when I open Bluetooth it shows Charger on is paired.

Yet I keep getting stuckk on the "plug in Dongle" box.

I am running windows 8.1 and was told this would work.

Any help will be appreciated.thank you.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

A universal dongle will only work if you are running Windows 10 and are using the fitbit app from the windows app store.

If you are running Windows 8 or using the fitbit connect software instead of the app then you'll need the fitbit dongle.

As an alternative, you can set up and use your fitbit with your phone if it's on the list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices and won't need a dongle.

Best Answer

Hello there, my husband is having a time trying to sync his Fitbit Charge 2. He does not own a cell phone mobile device and he uses the desktop computer to sync his Fitbit and because we are using Windows 8 all of a sudden after over a year of having no issues at all, he cannot even use the computer to sync at all so basically it renders the fitbit useless. I have a laptop with Windows 10 on it and I also have a Fitbit Dongle and I tried both last night and the fitbit will not sync at all. We cannot afford to purchase Windows 10 for the Desktop so what do we do now? I used the dongle and the laptop with Windows 10 and still the **ahem** thing would not sync. How do I fix this issue so that he can continue to use his Fitbit Charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Camarogirl2019  Did you down load the software to the computer and install it?

You can find it here Scroll down

Fitbit Connect

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

On my Desktop computer my husband uses we have Windows 8 yes and also
Fitbit connect. On my laptop we have used the dongle with Windows 10 and it
will not sync at all. Very frustrating to have no issues whatsoever for
over a year and not all of a sudden he cannot sync on the computer at all.  I already called and spoke with support for 2 hours but to no avail. They are saying it is my computer, but I have already done everything that was suggested for troubshooting and more. Bottom line, he does not own a cell phone, and has always used the computer to sync (last 3 devices) with no problems whatsoever. Now that Fitbit Connect is no longer compatible with Windows 8 the tracker simply will not work. Again, we have a laptop with Windows 10 on it, Fitbit connect and a dongle. Nothing will work 😞

--
Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your win 10 laptop has built in Bluetooth @Camarogirl2019 then no Fitbit dongle will be needed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an old HP EliteBook 8470p originally installed with Win8 then upgrade to Win10.  I use a bluetooth Logitech mouse that came with a Logitech mouse dongle.  When I got my Fitbit Inspire HR, no dongle included, it easily paired with my Android phone but when I tried to pair to the HP by using the Win10 bluetooth icon it could not find the Fitbit.  I searched found this thread and download the Fitbit app for Win10. Then in the app clicked on sync, it took about 5 minutes and then stopped, gave no indication that it paired.  I was going to reboot but instead I closed the app and opened it again and the Fitbit paired.  The Fitbit now also show up in the Win10 bluetooth listing.  So it appears that one needs to install the Win10 Fitbit app first for Win10 to pair with the Fitbit.  It works but not intuitive when you want to use it in your environment, PC win10, not its primary interface, cellphone.  Hope this help someone.     

Best Answer
0 Votes