Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do neoprene gloves and excessive vibration damage Charge 4?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My old Fitbit Surge recently lost auto-backlight function.

Today, Classic Bluetooth will not stay on.

I have needed to wear elbow-length gloves for extended periods of time, and I started using a chainsaw, this week. I suspect that my activities have contributed to my Surge's demise.

I just placed an order for a Charge 4.

Can I do anything to limit potential damage from:

• Constant contact of neoprene gloves on the watch face? (Does anyone remember Swatch-guards?)

• Excessive motor vibration from machinery like chainsaws? I feared pocketing my old Surge because the band was easily damaged by distortion.

Thank you, in advance!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Solsticemoonbb,

Of the two things you mentioned, the chainsaw is going to be the big issue. I don't think the electronics of a Fitbit is going to have a long and happy life with those kind of vibrations running through it. There are a couple of things you can try.

One is to pocket the Fitbit while using the chainsaw. You won't get an HR reading during the time, but it will lessen the vibrations greatly.

The other is to wear the Fitbit around the ankle, which would give your HR but might still be more subject to vibrations. You didn't mention how much time or how often you need to chainsaw, but I would be tending more towards pocketing it.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since running a chainsaw last weekend, my Versa won't keep a charge longer than 3 hours.  I've done firmware updates and factory reset but I must have messed u up the battery.  If I get another fb, I will remember to pocket it while chainsawing or using a string trimmer.

Best Answer
0 Votes