Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not disturb - night mode

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

What do you think of the below suggestion?

I wear my Charge 2 to bed so that I can calculate my sleep however, as it lights up when I move my wrist the bright LED screen in the dark often wakes me up. This is a little annoying as like most people I don’t lie still ALL night. A great update I think would be if there was a ‘night mode’ on the Charge 2, similar to that on the iPhone where you could set a certain time where it wouldn’t light up at the turn of a wrist but just the touch of the button. You could set the time on your Fitbit app or, it could take it off the time you set as your goal bed time etc. Equally you could turn this setting on/off from your watch like you can turn on/off silent alarms etc. I don’t want it off all the time as in the day I still want the watch to show me the time when I move my wrist the way I would a normal watch.

What does everyone think? Do you know where I can suggest this to the Fitbit team?

Ta,

Hannah

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Please go vote for it here. Many suggestions already

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=idea-board:fe...

The developers look here for new ideas and  hopefully this will be added

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

YES ! totally agree with this, infact would be great it it just went into 'do not disturb mode' when the iphone does !!

Great suggestion, Its really horrid having the watch flash in your eye in the dark !!

Best Answer

Agreed. We need a dnd mode for sleep. My fitbit is waking me up when my phone pushes a notification and as you might imagine this makes for a really poor experience with my fitbit. 

Best Answer

I totally agree with you.

It will be easyer for users to set a "do not disturb" time zone?

Best regards.

Best Answer

Not sure if you found it, but there has been an update. Click on your charge 2 and turn off "quick view" when you go to sleep. It stops the screen from popping up when you're asleep at night!

Best Answer

Thanks but not working.

It only stops notification but if y move my wrist it still switch on.

I'm looking for an easyer way to stop quick view without entering in the app.

K.R.

Best Answer

I was asking the very same feature about 8 months ago... No reply at all.

It may be good if a simple clock face can be seen in the night (during the planned sleep hours).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! Im on this page looking for a solution. It lights up and wakes my husband and I. Sleep tracking was a selling point for me but I can't wear it to bed because of this. I can't figure out how to vote ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Requested here https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Turn-off-quick-view-when-I-m-sleeping-or-at-cust... since 2015 without any solution. Fitbit is obviously only focused on new devices like Versa. Older devices like my Charge 2 are "only sold" but no longer under maintenance. So bad from Fitbit and it should be possible to solve easily.

Thomas
Best Answer

Hi everyone @Clarck_ @carmensk8er @Professzore @Spacey96 and @SunsetRunner! Thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices and their features. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. Woman Very Happy

Point me out if you have any questions. Have a nice day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly.

It's just a few lines of code.

Best Answer

Regarding Charge 2 night mode, have not found way to turn light off when I move when sleeping, but, covering up the Fitbit with a wide thick cloth band that's elastised to keep it in place, has been a great help. Plus it can be moved aside if you need to see the time during the night. Cheers Ruth

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would definitely love this. I had a Samsung Galaxy Watch, which I ditched because I liked my old Fitbit Charger 2 better, but that is one of the features I did love about the Samsung. 

@HannieLou wrote:

Hi all,

What do you think of the below suggestion?

I wear my Charge 2 to bed so that I can calculate my sleep however, as it lights up when I move my wrist the bright LED screen in the dark often wakes me up. This is a little annoying as like most people I don’t lie still ALL night. A great update I think would be if there was a ‘night mode’ on the Charge 2, similar to that on the iPhone where you could set a certain time where it wouldn’t light up at the turn of a wrist but just the touch of the button. You could set the time on your Fitbit app or, it could take it off the time you set as your goal bed time etc. Equally you could turn this setting on/off from your watch like you can turn on/off silent alarms etc. I don’t want it off all the time as in the day I still want the watch to show me the time when I move my wrist the way I would a normal watch.

What does everyone think? Do you know where I can suggest this to the Fitbit team?

Ta,

Hannah

Best Answer

I have trouble turning on and off the "quick view”. Sometimes it takes 3-5 toggles to make it stay. I click on quick view when it is green to turn it off at night and it syncs and goes right back to green. I have to do this over and over until it goes off. Very irritating. I would also like a setting to schedule the quick view. I have a Fitbit 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes