Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not disturb on Charge 3 won’t turn off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I’ve been having this problem ever since I got my Charge 3 last week. I can’t seem to get any notifications. I’ve come to realise it’s because the do not disturb mode was on so I tried to turn it off and no matter for many time I reboot the watch uninstall the app and what not it won’t let me turn it off! So I’m stuck with a watch that won’t vibrate or let me know when I’m getting a call message etc. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity/label/format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I was having an issue with my charge 3 not vibrating with notifications. I've figured about that there are 2 (TWO) areas for the settings do not disturb and sleep. First, swipe from the right until you see settings. In settings, make sure both are off (they should just be the name of the setting). Then, back at the home screen, er clock face, press and hold the side button and another settings menu appears. DND (do not disturb, presumably) and sleep, again should just be the names. When I went to this menu, there was a minus sign in a circle showing on DND.  I tapped it (presumably turning it off), and voila! Vibrations/notifications working normally.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @chloereitano, welcome to the community forums! Thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed! 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Since you've tried to restart the tracker, I recommend doing a long restart:

• Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

For more information about your device's screen, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device's screen?

Hope this helps! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having an issue with my charge 3 not vibrating with notifications. I've figured about that there are 2 (TWO) areas for the settings do not disturb and sleep. First, swipe from the right until you see settings. In settings, make sure both are off (they should just be the name of the setting). Then, back at the home screen, er clock face, press and hold the side button and another settings menu appears. DND (do not disturb, presumably) and sleep, again should just be the names. When I went to this menu, there was a minus sign in a circle showing on DND.  I tapped it (presumably turning it off), and voila! Vibrations/notifications working normally.

Best Answer

@Annebanann, it's great to see you around!

Thank you very much for sharing your input! I'm also glad to know that vibrations and notifications of your Charge 3 are now working normally!

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Feel like such a nuisance for not realising 🤣 thank you for the quick fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@chloereitano, thanks for your reply! 

Please note that if you still have doubts or questions, you can still post through this thread or create a new one in case you have any other inquiries. Thanks for participating in the community forums! 

Have a wonderful day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A real solution.  Thank you.  I'd have thought the minus sign on DND would mean it was off, but no, obviously this isn't an Apple product. 😉

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner Welcome to the community forums!

I'm glad to know that the information on this thread has helped! Hope you can continue tracking towards your fitness goals! 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with the DND. When doing from the "Settings" menu, I can never figure out if it's on DND when I hit it and it says DND Off or if it's telling me to hit it again and then it will turn off. Either way, it displays Do Not Disturb after I'm done. Sometimes just messing with it a bunch will figure it out for me, though I never know what I actually did. Now it's just not coming back on for call/text notifications at all.

I tried to do the long restart described above, but after connecting to the charging cable and holding the button for 15 seconds, I'm not getting the battery icon or the two vibrations.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JYork. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting. At this time, I was able to see that you have reached out to our Support Team and they have provided information and assistance. If you still have questions or inquiries about the outcome of your case, I recommend replying back to them and they will be glad to continue assisting you. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes