Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Charge 3 have Connected GPS for outdoor bike rides?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently purchased an Alta HR. Overall i like it, but since my main type of workout is my bike commute, I find the Alta HR to be lacking. It can only track Walk, Hike, or Run with connected GPS. Biking is not an option.

Now for my Charge 3 question:

Does the Charge 3 allow me to track my bike commute using connected GPS? i.e will it record the route, and mileage automatically?

Thanks!

Duppie

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I chatted with Norman from FitBit Sales Support. He was very helpful.

According to Norman, both the Charge 3 and Inspire HR have connected GPS for biking enabled. 

I may exchange the Alta HR for the Inspire HR

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I chatted with Norman from FitBit Sales Support. He was very helpful.

According to Norman, both the Charge 3 and Inspire HR have connected GPS for biking enabled. 

I may exchange the Alta HR for the Inspire HR

Best Answer

Not working for me...

I previously owned a Charge 2 and with that device I could start a connected GPS outdoor bike ride and now with the Charge 3 I can no longer do that.

My charge 3 only shows Run, Walk and Hike as an exercise track to use with connected GPS.

How can I add the outdoor bike to this screen ??

Please help.

Thanks

Jean

Best Answer

I have the same problem.

Best Answer

I have a Charge 3, and the way you access Bike is this:

• Open the app and tap your avatar (top left; could be your face)
  • This takes you to your Account page; find your device below (Charge 3) and tap on it
  • This is where you can, for example, pick clock faces; scroll down to Exercise Shortcuts; tap on it
  • You'll see the exercises that appear on your watch; to add more, click on the plus sign at the top right
  • To delete one, swipe left
  • Reorder them by dragging on the little stack of 4 lines

I just used Bike today, and it mostly worked. The GPS disconnected before I finished (no idea why), and even so, it said I rode 0.27 miles when the map clearly showed about five miles.

Best Answer
Thank you! This is great, and so easy to follow your instructions! I will try it out tomorrow!

Thanks again!
Harbour Girl
PEI Canada

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed these instructions but when I try to begin an activity it only gives me the option of run walk or hike still! 

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Best Answer

It used to toll about 2 weeks ago.. settings shows no connectivity to GPS for bike rides  only for runs. I may just select run next time. I have an odometer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. At least I was able to change my exercise settings. I’ll find out next time I go spinning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes