Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Charge 3 have a always on feature ?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had the Surge for 3 years and absolutely loved it. I now have the Charge 3, and am very unhappy with it. It seems like the majority of the time, I have a black screen. Even sometimes when I tap it, it's unresponsive.

Is there a way to switch to an always on feature? Even when I just want to see the time, it's annoying to have to use two hands (one hand to tap the screen, one to view), just to take a quick glance at the time. I trying giving my wrist a little shake also to see the screen on, and most of the time it doesn't work either. Does the Ionic have an always on feature like the Surge did?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I'm sorry but no it does not. it drains the battery

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to welcome you @seekingwisdom and @WendyB thanks for the input.

Regarding your inquiry, no, there isn't any option like this for the Charge 3. Please take a look at the Charge 3: Clock face easier to activate / always on request, vote for it and leave your comment.

Now about the Ionic, this feature has been released on both Fitbit Versa and Ionic on the latest Firmware Release, Fitbit OS 3.0.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Funny seeing units from Garmin have an always on feature for their clocks and stopwatch and they last 7 days on a charge.

I could also care less about the clock being always on but when I am using the stopwatch feature it needs to stay on the ENTIRE time i am using it else it is WORTHLESS to me. I am sorry but if this stuff is not fixed soon I will be going back to Garmin.

Best Answer

Hey @Nautika1, it's great to see you here.

As recommended, you can take a look at the link provided in my previous post, vote for it and leave your comment. I hope this can be implemented soon.

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I bought one today and I'm returning it tomorrow because a screen tat only stays on for two seconds is a deal-breaker.

My first and only Fitbit product. Never again.

Best Answer

I'm returning mine for this reason. Sounds like I should get a Garmin!

Best Answer

I use the double stat retro clock face. 
when you turn your wrist the clock face appears. 
I also have screen wake up on. 
Some clock faces don’t work that well but the retro double stat seems to work the best. 

Best Answer

Thanks! Will try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Couldn't find the screen wake up setting, so I gave up, deleted my account and will return the Charge 3 to the store for a refund tomorrow.

Best Answer

Hi

At the clock face on the charge 3, press and hold the side button it should appear. 

Best Answer

If it drains the battery, LET US, THE USERS CHOOSE! The C3 had low brightness capability. Putting a simple life brightness always on clock can't be that draining. Let users decide. We bought the things. I've been asking for this over the years and crickets is all I get from Fitbit.  I hope Google fires all of the old Fitbit programmers and starts listening to customers instead of 10 year olds who know better.... 

Best Answer

Not useful, requires 2 hand availability.  Makes this device not worthwhile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just requires two hands, makes the device annoying.  Why I gave up on the Apple watch. I was tired of everything else on the screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Requiring 2 hands to see the time.makes the Charge 3 partially useless.  I will likely be returning It.

Best Answer
0 Votes