Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Charge 4 collect and integrate heart rate data into "tracked" exercise?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If you choose to track a run with the Charge 4, does it collect, record, and integrate your heart rate into the stats for that run?

My Alta HR's heart rate function works beautifully all the time, *except when I am tracking exercise!*

I've had an Alta HR for four years and have been mostly satisfied by it.  However, in the last year, I've become a (newbie) runner and have started using the "track exercise" function to record my interval walks/run/jogs to get a better feel for distance, pace, and exercise intensity. The Alta HR  -for some ridiculous reason that appears to be related to the fact that it relies on my phone's GPS capability- will not record and integrate heart rate data into tracked exercise (though it will do so for "auto-recognized" exercise).  Checking it out on the forums, this appears to be a known (and incredibly irritating) problem with the Alta HR. See attached photos- when you open the tracked exercise to see your stats, the app shows "not enough heart rate data available" although the fitbit itself showed your heart rate as usual the entire time you were exercising.

I am thinking about replacing the Alta HR with the Charge 4, but the only real reason I would do so would be to be able to track runs and see and compare steps, distance, calories, pace and *heart rate.*  So please, Charge 4 users, let me know if your Charge does that.  

Thanks!

Screenshot_20210723-175403_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-175409_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @NaomiE.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Alta HR. Thank you for the information provided.

If you haven't done it already, please restart your Tracker by following these instructions.

In addition, you can set it up as a replacement device:

1. Tap the Today tab EdsonFitbit_0-1627439415899.png, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Whether the instructions shared above don't work, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

To answer your question, the Fitbit Charge 4 does collect, record, and integrate your heart rate into the stats of an activity.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So to be clear the charge4 should collect heart rate information while tracking exercise?

If it does not  it's a software bug/ fault with charge 4. Correct?

My charge 4 never has. I've always got "not enough heart rate data available" message instead.

Will give it a go again, as I gave up on getting feature to work a year ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community, @russetrob.

Thank you for your question.

Like you mentioned, your Fitbit Charge 4 should track your heart rate while tracking your exercise. There are some factors that can affect your heart-rate reading on your Fitbit device. Please follow these tips to resolve heart-rate tracking issues.

If you followed the instructions shared above without luck, please get in touch with Customer Support.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes