Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FitBit Charge 2 work with Samsung Galaxy J5?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone

I've been scouring the forums for input on this. I know the Galaxy J5 isn't on compatible devices (but Galaxy J is?), and I've seen conflicting stories. Some say the J5 works with the FitBit Blaze, others say it does work with the Charge 2, and some people are reporting issues.

Can anyone confirm? And if not, are there similar Samsungs in the same price range that are supported by the Charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @ImranL! As you already know, the Samsung Galaxy J5 is currently not on our list of supported devicesThis means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list what means that we don't have a estimated date on when it will be added. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try to see if you can successfully connect your tracker. 

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a Windows 10/Mac computer with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 running the Fitbit Software. Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

My sister owns a Huawei which is not yet a supported device, but she has tried the following (which I think won't hurt if you try that as well):

1. Your phone must not be set to "visible for other devices"
2. Your phone must not be "searching for other devices"

If either of these two things are active, the Fitbit cannot connect.

In other words, you have to set it to invisble, and you have to click the stop button if it is searching for devices. So, bluetooth should be on, but not doing anything at all in the bluethooth menu. Then force quit the Fitbit app and it'll sync. At least it has done with my sister's phone for over a month or so.

I will also make sure to update you in this thread when the Samsung Galaxy J5 is added to the supported devices list. Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it does! Everything works fine on my Samsung Galaxy J5. Was put off buying one initially from these posts but went ahead figuring I could always use my computer but I have had no problems whatsoever, including receiving text alerts. Glad I went ahead and risked it now!! Don't be put off if your phone is not listed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @NancyM1Woman Very Happy I'm so glad to hear it worked for you. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Welcome to the forums! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it does. My Fitbit charge 01 stop to working with my Samsung J5, but now my new CH2 work perfektly, i hope, ther will be no problems with it in future

Best Answer
0 Votes