Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit run distance won't save, reverts to original distance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I need to edit my run distance, but every time I hit done, it reverts to the original distance.  I never had this problem in the iPhone app with my Charge 2.  Is this a Charge 3 problem?

Thanks,
Jason

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Same issue, here. iPhone 8, app version 3.1, Charge 3 less than a week old. Fitbit recorded distance was 3.16, mapped distance was 3.42. Attempted to edit, like I have to almost ever run, and it reverts to 3.16 after changing to 3.4. Good job guys. Not really. 

Best Answer

This issue is actually at the server level. So when I looked at the stats for the run mentioned above, I noticed a discrepancy between the pace time calculated in the app versus the web UI.  I noticed the pace was significanty lower on the Web UI. Why? Because I was noodling with the edit feature in the app and I had moved it to 3.6 miles. So i went back to the app, set the distance to 3.2 miles, saved the change in the app, then refreshed the Web UI. Well, the pace is now higher as I would expect. Funny thing is, the distance on both the web UI and the iPhone app still shows a distance of 3.16 miles. And, changing the distance only effects the pace measurement displayed on the web UI, not in the iPhone app. You guys have some digging to do. If your looking to hire a QA guy, let me know. I'll find the bugs. BTW: you owe me $50 for the 1/2 hour service call. You're welcome. 

Best Answer

Hi Fitbit,

I still have this issue and have not heard from you.  I have tried all of your solutions posted here, but none of them fix the problem and clearly I'm not the only one who has the issue.

Thanks,

Jason

Best Answer

Going on a year later, same problem with a brand new Charge 3. Getting nowhere with customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes