Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty battery won't charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My battery is empty, now it will not charge. Any advice? Thanks
Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

@_Krystal_

Just some more info on how todo resets

Restart your FitBit
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Restart your Fitbit Charge
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPvdDoWGckM

Factory reset
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1606

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

Thank you for your help. Problem has been solved - I have charged battery all night, and pressed 2 buttons left and right at the same time. And now working 🙂 thank you

Best Answer
Glad all worked out.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@ula.rb, well done!  Your button presses initiated a restart -- that will solve a lot of problems!  So glad yu are back up and running again.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Good to see you all in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm glad to hear that most of your trackers are working fine now!

@_Krystal_, are you still having problems with your tracker or is it working fine by now?

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

My Fitbit is completely broken. I called Fitbit to see if there was anything else I could do. They said no I would need a new one. Thank you to everyone who tried to help. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @_Krystal_ and I'm sorry about that.

If you need anything else, we're here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I actually had a bad charger.  Not sure if I left it plugged up and it burned out? Luckily had an extra one and tried it and it charged right up.

Best Answer

I have a CH2 and it holds the full charge only few seconds, even responds, then goes dead and needs recharging. I tried the recommendations but I seem not successful. What am I missing? Help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My issue was a bad charger

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same problem with my Charge 2. Charged and it showed full battery but died in a short timing. Tried charging it a couple of times today, restarting and it still didn't work.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok so glad I saw this. Going to try this when I get home

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I followed the forums tried multiple times holding the button down counting to 30 sec it wont turn back on also I have to charge this every day like it only last up to 8 hours then dies this just started happening this week I dont know if its broken or has water damage I dont know 😞 any advice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I did all that too. Reset it a few times. Mine would only stay charged an hour. It finally gave up forever. I’m now shopping for a new one but might not do Fitbit again as this will be like my third one 

good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea. I gave up on Fitbit too. They are not really at great help and the lifespan for a Fitbit watch is just way too short. It doesn't worth the price you are paying for. I have switched to another brand.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you do much research before you chose another smart watch...and if so,which watch did you choose?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am choosing less stuff in my life. Weight loss is more about the food than the steps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue - I have started doing this solution however I've found that the Fitbit is getting extremely hot after only a short amount of time connected. So far there is no activity with the screen and it doesn't vibrate either. I want to leave it on charge just to see if this helps resolve it but I'm worried about why it's getting so hot.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @JK_ , I would say that if your Fitbit is getting very hot while charging, that is not a good situation.

I have flagged this post for moderator attention, amd someone should be in touch with you soon.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hello @JK_, welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for bringing this to my attention @Julia_G, your willingness to help is always appreciated.

@JK_  I was informed by our Customer Support team that they already provided you with assistance regarding the inconvenience you were experiencing with the battery of your device, therefore, my best advice for you since you already contacted them is to contact them back if further assistance is required or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case, I'm sure that they'll answer all your doubts.

Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes