Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty battery won't charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My battery is empty, now it will not charge. Any advice? Thanks
Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

Does the charging cable have to be the original cable? I have several charging cables that I ordered off amazon and I am not seeing a button on them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @kaa01 , many of the third party chargers do not come with the button.  They are likely to charge your Fitbit, but, unfortunately, without the button (for the Fitbits that require them) you will not be able to restart your device.  The restart can be a very useful first troubleshooting step.

If your Fitbit seems to need a restart, and you do not have the original charger, could you find a friend with the same sort of Fitbit and borrow their charger?

Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 battery says it is empty (its not even 18 months old).  I tried what you suggested, leaving for 2 hours, tried to restart it while plugged in, holding on the button for 30 seconds, no luck.  Any help would be great.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I am having the same problem. I just bought fitbit CHR from Amazon two days ago. I plugged it for two nights already. This morning I can still see an empty battery icon on the screen. I pressed the button for more than 10 seconds while plugged in my computer. It showed an empty battery icon with an exclamatiin mark in the center. If I unplug it, there is no response even after 60 seconds of pressing the button.

Please help on this. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @ada_camp , have you checked to confirm that the power source you are using is working?  Also is the Fitbit in the charger the right way around and firmly attached?  The opening on the charging cable should be lined up with the button on the Fitbit.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked.   It responded anyhow.   It was only on the charger for a few minutes but the app said it was empty.   I was able to reset it so hopefully I can watch it charge up.   

Thank you! 

I have an Inspire HR

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue! Tried everything under the sun from the forums but it's still not working 😞 Did you ever get it sorted out? 

Best Answer
0 Votes