Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise app won't work on my Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have this problem at least once a week. I try to start an exercise: I swipe across to “exercise”, press it… and nothing happens. It freezes. I can’t move the screen. I have to press the side button to go back to the main screen. I try again and it doesn’t work. The only way to get it to work again is by resetting the whole watch which takes time and Can’t just do it on the fly. What’s the point of having it if I can’t start tracking exercise when I’m about to start the session? It’s just a watch if the exercise tracking doesn’t work. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @KrisNZ 

When you say you have to reset the whole watch do you mean set it up as a new device or just restart it? You can try just rebooting your Charge 4 by taping the the Settings app on your Charge 4 then on your device and tap About then tap Reboot Device.

😉 Let me know if this helps

Best Answer

Yes. I apologise on the lack of lingo. Rebooting. Which means I need to do it about every 3rd time I use the exercise tracking. I find this really frustrating. Especially, for example, I was tramping a mountain yesterday with my family… had baby in a front pack and just wanted to track the climb and descent but it wouldn’t work. 

i haven’t used that shortcut to reboot the watch before so thank you for that. I’ve done it now… but shouldn’t have to do it at all, really! It doesn’t seem to let me when I am stuck in that frozen point I mentioned before. It doesn’t let me scroll further than the second screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fully agree @KrisNZ! You having to do a reboot or restart each and every time is ludicrous and I would be beyond frustrated as well. My suggestion for a reboot was on the hopes of a more permanent fix and not another quick fix and put you back into the continuous loop your already experiencing. That’s awful. Are you using a different clock face then you had originally? 🤔 I’m wondering if a change of clock face might help with the display tapping issues. If you’re curious then try changing your clock face for a few days and see how that helps. It’s worth a shot. https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2311.htm  If the problem persist I’d contact Fitbit Customer Service: https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US

😃 Please let me know if you decide to try the clock face change and if it improved things 

Best Answer