Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Messenger message can't be read on watch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Facebook Messenger notifies but message can't be read on watch. There is the sender's name shown and that there is a new message with 2 options -open, clear. It won't open the message after clicking open. Clear works. With all other messaging apps messages are shown except Messenger. If I set it as default it does not make a difference. Please advise.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

A warm welcome to the Community @JEdit.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. Have you tried to restart your tracker? If you haven't, I recommend restarting it by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Congratulate the Fitbit bot on her completely USELESS waste of time response. Typical of most corporations these days to fire back useless generic canned copied and pasted responses. What worthless human beings these clowns are.  No, resetting your device doesn't resolve the problem, but DOES waste your time and remind you of how poor customer service is these days.  You can't read the messages because you would need a FB messenger device app, and there isn't one

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with a brand new Charge 4. Facebook Messenger notifies but message can't be read on the watch.

I waited for the Firmware Release 1.96.29, but after the update the problem persists.

When I go to the Notifications section in the Change 4, in 'Text Messages' I selected Messenger as Default Messaging App. By doing so, I receive message notifications and the name of the sender in my watch, but not the text of the message.

This problem however, doesn't occur when I select WhatsApp as default Messaging app. In that case I can read the messages in my Charge 4 device.

I have reset the Charge 4 device and re-install both, messenger and the fitbit app but nothing makes to show the messages from Facebook Messenger, only the notifications.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes