Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fat Burn Zone??

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am wondering how long other people are in "The Fat Burn Zone" on average per day? I am in the "Fat Burn Zone" on average 9-12 HOURS every day.....every day. Is this normal? What are others averages?
Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

Hello! I too was diagnosed with high BP and tachycardia in February. It onset after I had an anaphylactic reaction to seafood. My resting hr fluctuates between 85 and 92 and my hr is typically in the 100 to 120 bmp regardless of what I am doing. I am not going to be able to get into see a cardiologist until September! You are so lucky to get in so fast! I am not sure how to manage it myself, but I wish you luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is typically between 15 and 18 hours each day and I do not work out. But, I was born with a heart defect and am currently in heart failure. Getting a new aortic valve in 2 days, so I hope to be able to get back to exercising again soon!

Regardless of whether anyone thinks "fat burn zone" should be a thing, if you feel your HR is higher than it should be, tell tour doctor. You could have an electrical or structural problem. Be safe, folks!

Best Answer

I too was in the exercise zone for 9-15 hours per day, and I thought nothing of it, because I stand and/or walk all day (I am a teacher.). Then I had a heart attack 7/26/2019. Now I see those numbers as red flags that I wish that I had paid attention to. Btw I am 53 yrs old, I do not smoke, I do not drink, I work out 5-7 days per week, and I eat a diet with limited sugar, cards, and very little meat. I am 5 feet 4 inches tall and weigh 118 lbs. I do not have diabetes, but I have high cholesterol which I have been taking Lipitor to control for over 10 years.

Best Answer

When I used my Charge 2 I would end up in fat burn zone several hours a day even when I didn’t do any exercise.

But for whatever reason now that I’m using a Versa 2 I have the opposite problem. The fat burn is set so high I almost never hit it, and only when I am working so hard I feel like my heart is going to explode does it hit cardio zone.

I’m not too concerned about minutes in each zone under the “exercise” tab/tile, but for me what sucks is that I can put in what feels like a good 30 minute workout and only end up with like 4 “active minutes” on my dashboard. That’s pretty deflating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was the heart attack random, or were you doing something to trigger it? I have a similar description as you except usually normal cholesterol, and I'm 38. It is concerning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tuckmeister44, to whom are you responding?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tachycardia my Fitbit tells me am in fat burning mold great deals of time. When I get such readings it really is picking up on my heart palpitations and flutters. However my resting rate of 70 - 126 is not normal which doctors are addressing it. Thanks to Fitbit forecast!!!😇

Best Answer
0 Votes
I now take B12 daily for high heart rates and Ashwagandha for heart palpitations.  They both work great.  
Best Answer