Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update silent alarm issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 went through a firmware update today (v20001.88.11) and now there isn’t an option to set a silent alarm. During the update it said that they would be deleted and I’d have to reset them but that option isn’t anywhere that I can find it now. 

Best Answer
200 REPLIES 200

I used this feature the most as it got me up and walking in the morning. I set mine on the watch last night after finding the update eliminated from the app, but it failed to work this morning. My dog is more reliable at waking me up than this feature now. Fitbit has been around way too long to have such a miss on this one. Back to my Garmin for reliability.

Best Answer

Fitbit seem to be in the process of removing the silent alarm functionality from the app for all of their product range. Unbelievable! They have already received negative feedback from other members in the community for over a year. Still their product development plan was to removed it from the Charge 3 with no warning given that functionality was being removed from the app and no option to roll back.

Best Answer

This is my 4th and final purchase from fitbit. Total disregard for consumers. I used the alarm and step feature. Their technology was never good enough to make any other features useful for me. 

Best Answer

All the posts asking for the functionality to be replaced can be found here 

Best Answer
0 Votes

'Total disregard for consumers' - you've hit the nail on the head. In a chat with one of their agents yesterday they seemed surprised that I use more than one alarm!

Best Answer

seriously ridiculous update.  great way to lose customers with much better options becoming available

Best Answer

I agree.....I want this option back on the app.  This was so convenient to be able to set a scheduled silent alarms for weekdays for same time.   Now it seems you have to remember to set it everyday manually from the Fitbit itself.    This sucks and I really hope Fitbit takes our comments seriously and adds it back in.  This has been my alarm for the past 6 years and I’m getting older and forget to set it before I go to bed.....so please bring it back!

Best Answer

You can actually set repeating alarms. When you are in the alarms you can set it to repeat for which days you want it to be. Just play around with it a bit and you'll see it. I can't remember the exact procedure but I'm pretty sure that if you set if for today and scroll down a little it will show you where you can do it. I agree, however, that it's much more user friendly to be able to do it on the phone app.

Best Answer

I see that now but it gives me a message saying it will notify within a 30 minute window. Can't it just come on at the time you want? If I want it to buzz at 6:30 am. Why is it showing it will remind me between 6-6:30. What now:(

VG
Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

I can’t find it either!!! I am done with fitbit if they don’t fix this problem! Put the alarm app back!

Best Answer

I don't remember seeing that. I have mine set for 8:00 and that's when it goes off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree. I work different hours on different days of week and trying to set on my watch is ridiculous. Main reason for getting watch was silent alarms so I don’t wake up my husband. Was so easy to do on app. Whom ever thought to remove this option is an idiot. 

Best Answer

The fact that I have to remember to double check that my alarms are set every night, is insane.   Why did they have to remove it from the dashboard and app.   If it ain’t broke....why remove it??  Please bring it back.   

Best Answer

Having had 4 Fitbits if this isn’t restored, this will be my last and will be moving to Apple Watch. What a ridiculous thing to change 

Best Answer

I cannot believe someone would think removing the silent alarm option from the phone app and forcing the user to set it up from the small screen of the watch is progress! Keep the watch option, if you like it, but bring back the app option for us the sane users.

Best Answer

I was able to add back my two alarms. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree. Worse change ever! 

Best Answer

Same here. I would NOT have updated if I had known. 

Best Answer

Now I can’t get it off the alarm. I’ve swiped each way. Help 

Best Answer

Finally got it back to my steps. Guess it’s back to my alarm clock. 🤦‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes