Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update silent alarm issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 went through a firmware update today (v20001.88.11) and now there isn’t an option to set a silent alarm. During the update it said that they would be deleted and I’d have to reset them but that option isn’t anywhere that I can find it now. 

Best Answer
200 REPLIES 200

I lost my hand about 5 years ago, which is why I own a Fitbit. I rely on the app rather than the watch face. The alarm was perfect as I didn’t wake my family up at 5 am. There was absolutely no reason to remove that feature. Since I’ve done the stupid update at 10 pm I’ll have to use a regular alarm clock and hope I don’t wake up my 2 year old. I’ll be searching for a replacement tomorrow so I can trash the Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hi All

Like you I had the same problem with my alarms and I looked to Fit Bit for a solution. I was let down

So I played for a bit and found the solution.

Here you go.

1. Push the left-hand side of your Fitbit charger 3. The screen will turn on and you should see the time.

2. Swipe left till you see the alarms with the alarm clock above it. It was 3 swipes for me.

3. Press on Alarms. This will open the alarms section.

4. You may have something in there I did but not one of my regular alarms.

5. Press on the + to add a new alarm

6. A screen will open with time.

7. Click on the time. This will open up a scroll of the hours. Scroll till you have the hour you want then click on it.

8. It will change to the minute. Scroll till you find the minute that you want then click on it.

9.  Now AM and PM will appear on your screen, click the one you want.

Want to have it repeat on different days

1. With the alarm, you have just set swipe up till you see Repeats. Click on that

2. You can now scroll through and turn it on or off for any day.

3. You have set any alarm Now click on the left-hand side of the charge to set it back to your clock

Want to delete an alarm 

1. Go to the alarm you want to delete and swipe up till you see a bin on your screen. Press it and the alarm will be gone

Want another alarm start again from point 1.

Hope it helps

Best Answer

Problem: Over the last two updates, silent alarms on the Charge 3 have been severely limited. You had to hunt through a menu tree and now you can only do it on the watch itself. Many people use this for their daily life (e.g. my wife is a light sleeper)

Solution: Create a widget that links to "silent alarms" that can be added to the "Today" dashboard. 

Example:

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 22.27.59.png

For Developers:

In the "Health & Fitness Stats" menu, there are links to add exercise, sleep, etc to the main "Today" screen. A small widget with a bell icon that says "silent alarms" and works as a link to the silent alarms menu option would be very useful. You could consider adding a subheading with current silent alarms (though I would be happy with simply saving clicks from having a widget). 

I was dealing with the inconvenience before, but I work in an ER and my rotating schedule means setting different alarms daily. I enjoy my fitbit, but am seriously considering switching to an apple watch.

Best Answer

How?????

please provide steps 😊👍

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow thanks 🙏

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I actually did find that after the update, the problem is that it
didnt go off. All settings indicated it was on and set correctly.
Best Answer

neither do I.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I does work from the device but it's very cumbersome use. Need placed back on the app. Terrible update.

Best Answer
This does help, but I still like it better on the app.
Thanks
Best Answer

I finally figured out out to set the alarms and the dim on the screen. I prefer they put it back on the app or keep it in both. Let the consumer choose what's best.

Best Answer

I am with you...I would never had done the update. Removing the alarm from the app is going backwards and literally removing a huge reason I use the Fitbit...it could cost a lot of users for them...

Fitbit you really need to address this now and create a new update that returns the silent alarm to the app so we can set multiple alarms and days as it was before this update.

Best Answer

Yes I can set multiple alarms but they are all for tomorrow only. How do you set it for always Monday, Tuesday etc...or even past tomorrow??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ended up here while trying to figure out where the heck the FitBit alarm setting had gone on my phone. Really not impressed right now. The tiny font is hard enough to see and alarms are difficult to set on a Charge 3 screen. I was hoping their update involved being able to name alarms and have the name  show on the FitBit when it goes off. This is just dumb.

Best Answer

Need to do the following 

1 swipe right until you find alarm

then tap it.

3 select alarm on make sure you set the time.

4 scroll down to repeats tap it

5 select days 

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Select alarm make sure it on. Scroll down to repeats. Set the days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think every Fitbit user that has done the update is in the same boat trying to figure out what the heck happened. And the fact there are so many of us pulling our hair out I really hope they don’t sit on this...it will drive users away quickly.
2020 has been bad enough you don’t need to add to people’s stress level by making the device they’ve counted on become a source of frustration and object to now recycle if the problem is not rectified quickly. I will just toss it as it is one of the main reasons I use it. 🤬🤯
Best Answer
Thank you and yes it helps....but as many have said..the actual device is very hard to read and I have had it stop doing tracking in the middle of what I am doing so it just does not give you faith the alarms will work setting them up on the device. Why was it ever removed from the app? This is not making Fitbit user friendly..
Best Answer

Yes, I agree it is very frustrating but I managed to figure it out. Old IT proverb never take anything away from the user that is working. You will pay the price. 

Best Answer

I tried that now -click Set up a new alarm, adjust the time and then I scrolled down (so swiped up :D) - you can turn on smart alarm (will apparently wake you up when you´re in a light sleep stage within a 30 minute window around your set time) and below that I have the option Repeats - click that and can set up every day or each day of the week individually

Best Answer
0 Votes

You got it. 👍🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes