Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First charge of the Fitbit Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
How long should I charge my Charge 2 for the very first time?
Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36
Is it connected to your account? If so Charge it until the battery says full.
If it is not connected to your account yet, charge for at most 1 hour.
Best Answer
You should see the battery level on the Charge screen when connected to your charger. Push the side button and it should come up. We did an hour, hour and a half or so and it lasted for days on that charge.
Best Answer

@ARose0710 so you don't panic, since we don't know if your tracker has been setup, if the tracker display still shows www.fitbit.com/setup then there will not be any battery charging icon. 30 minutes to an hour will be entry of time to do the setup process. 

Best Answer

Help please.  When I pressed the side button the screen lit immediately with www.fitbit etc/setup.  However I am uncertain whether there is a charge.  It went out almost immediately.  During setup on my iPAD it kept searching.  Now, I'm charging but how will I know if charging as nothing is on the screen.  Thank you.

Best Answer

@YiveeHP please see my post immediately above yours, i explain aboit the vibration that tells you that it is charging.

Best Answer

How long does it take to charge the Fitbit charge 2 for the first time.?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This would depend on what your charging through? 

Then again, unless the app tells you that you need to charge it, you might not have to. 

Best Answer

Why is my computer asking me to plug in a toggle when this Fitbit did not come with one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Carmeneva, may i ask what computer you have, and does it have bluetooth 4.0 or better?

Im not sure what this has to do with charging your tracker.

Best Answer
The doggle was for my old fitbit and not my new one. My computer now recognizes my Fitbit2 and everything works okay. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my fit bit.

How long dies it take to charge?  

I've taped the screen, with no results

PLEASE help!!.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I face the same problem when i unboxed the device.

Fitbit failed to provide a step by step guide to first time users.

It didn't tell users what should be done first...... to charge the device or to setup with the mobile or other preferred device?

No information, how long the battery should or will be charged for the 1st time?

Looks like the setup guide/manual was done by a bunch of amateurs.

Best Answer

What's the charging time for new setup 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The charging time will depend on how low the battery is, and what device your using to charge the tracker.

A computer or laptop usb will usually be the slowest, a wall wort usually goes faster.

Now until the tracker is setup there will not be a battery indicator.

On the app it steps you through the setup. 

Tapping on help in the spp, or below takes you to Fitbits Help site, where typing in setup will get more info.

Also found on the help site is the user manua

Best Answer

testing

mum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the initial charge of the Fitbit Charge 2 on a laptop - not synced with my account, used solely as a charging source, and after 5 hours, it only charged to 50%.   I'm reading that it might take a little longer when using laptop as the source, but thinking there might be something else going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matador_Mom wrote:

Tried the initial charge of the Fitbit Charge 2 on a laptop - not synced with my account, used solely as a charging source, and after 5 hours, it only charged to 50%.   I'm reading that it might take a little longer when using laptop as the source, but thinking there might be something else going on?

A laptop will take longer to charge then a direct plug in to an outlet. Factors that can make a laptop go significantly slower include the version of the USB port (older versions on older laptops are much slower), power settings on your laptop and whether or not your laptop is plugged in (much slower if its not). Hope that helps you Matador_Mom.

Best Answer

my fitbit charge 2 will not turn on

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tiger12- it doesn't turn on at all? No lights on the back, or anything at all on the face? No setup message?

Did tye unit vibrate while placing it into its powered up charger? Try using the phones charger.

Best Answer