Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First charge of the Fitbit Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
How long should I charge my Charge 2 for the very first time?
Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

I just got my Charge 2 and was honestly not happy with the setup process. What I had to do:

I thought I had charged it, but I guess I never had it properly connected. Make sure the clip’s hole is lined up with the button. Like others said, “feel” for the vibration when plugging in otherwise it is not charging. 

When I first set it up, I thought I was charged. But, I must have had some gap. I was able to get some setup done, but it would just hang on Pairing in the iPhone app. I finally killed the app, restarted it. Shen going in again it said the Fitbit needed an update but the battery was low. Getting that connection just right is critical.   To me it feels like there is zero room for error. 

Once  I had a small amount of charge, I could then finish the setup and apply the update. Once that was done the Fitbit would tell me when it was actually charging. Indicator is different that the original charge. The battery on one side had an animation as opposed to the more what I thought was more obvious lightning bolt. But, it would indicate charging. I then let it charge for a while on an iPhone brick and was set later. 

That at is now when I’m writing this post. I’m hoping better operation from here out, but I wasn’t impressed with initial setup. I think they should show you a charge on the screen prior to setup. 

Best of luck!

Best Answer

i have the same issue..i unboxed the charger2 ..initially whn i put it on the charger it was displaying www.fitbit.com/setup and went there to download upgraded one as i m already a user of fitbit HR. It continued displaying same for 20min but was not syncronising and then it all stopped...nothing on the screen..no vibration while puttin on to charge or pullin out of charge...no greeb light behind?

Best Answer

I wish I had better feedback.  All I can recommend is see if you can get a charge on it and make sure you have the charger connected properly.  I made the mistake at first (perhaps the only one) where I didn't have the button go through the appropriate whole on the clip.  It looks like the charger would be reversible, but it isn't.  It goes on one way.

Once you get a charge hopefully you'll get by the setup.

Best Answer

Just opened my boyfriends charge 2 and it did not light up or vibrate when connecting to charge. Is this faulty or should we leave it plugged in over night?

Best Answer

I would leave it plugged into a know good phone charger. If you have or know someone with a charge 2 try a different charger. Or try their charge 2 with your charger. 

Best Answer

When I used to have a FitBit Flex years ago, I could see the charge in the dashboard.
That is not the case anymore.
Is it only visible on the Charge 2 device itself? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SmileyPR which of the 5 different devices the dashboard is on that you are looking at? 

In most the battery level should be next to the icon of your tracker. Of course this will reflect the battery status dieting the last sync. 

Best Answer

How long do you have to charge the Fitbit Charger 2 for it to start.  It was doing fine, but the screen went blank.  Push this button & it won't do anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The display is suppose to turn off shortly after the unit starts charging. As for how long that depends on the state of the battery and through what the device is being charged with. Normally 2 hours max. 

Did the fitbit app tell you to charge the tracker during the setup process? 

Best Answer
Not really! They should say this in the setup & also on the videos. Sad thing was I was putting the charger on wrong! Took me forever to get my Fitbit set up.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, cleaned contacts, noted a vibration once, tried 4 different power devices.  Never saw a battery symbol.  Could never sync. Took a lo___________ng time to connect with phone (Galaxy S6) Bluetooth.

Right now I'm sorry I made the purchase

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys. I just got my new Fitbit Charge 2. I downloaded the app, then did the set up, then I plugged it to the wall. Waited for 4 hours, but the battery in the top corner of the app was still showing half charge and saying "Medium Battery". I came here for an answer, but I found it my self !

When you clip the charger on the Fitbit, the 5 little gold dots on the Fitbit have to be aligned with the 2 really small gold dot on the charger. If not, it will not charge. As soon as I aligned them correctly (wich means the charger can only go one way), a battery symbol appeared on the screen of the fitbit (like on a cellphone) ans it started chargin !

So the answer is... check the the charger is in the right position (only position possible). 

G

Best Answer

Do I charge the fitbit by attaching to the tablet, computer, or a regular wall outlet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your not going to be able to attach it to a regular ourlet @ClassenOkie, you would want to plug. It into a phone charger. 

In any case any of these options will work. 

Best Answer

Hi I have just purchased a charge 2 and need help, I tried to set it up earlier but haven't had any luck.

Before this I had a charge HR which showed the charge symbol when you charged it but I tried to charge my new charge 2 for the first time it vibrated but the charging symbol didn't appear.

Am I doing something wrong or is the charger or watch faulty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Reshape your doing nothing wrong, as pointed out above, a new Charge 2 will only give a slight vibration when plugging in it unplugging. The display will not show any sign that the battery is being charged.

It is at this time I set up the tracker

Best Answer

Hi Rich_laue,

Thanks for your advice my charge 2 is now up and running 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes