Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Charge 4; often not recording steps, sleep and hasn't recorded sleep for the past three days.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the past few weeks the Fitbit sometimes hasn't been counting steps, sometimes there is lag of scores of minutes or hours before the steps appear on my phone. Sometimes it doesn't record my sleep. The past three days has been horrible, it hasn't recorded any sleep for three days. As of late, it seems to be frequently missing or undercounting "zone minutes".

This morning I noticed that it seemed that it wasn't successful at making Bluetooth connection, so suspect that is the problem, or at least part of it.

I rebooted the Fitbit and phone. Removed and reinstalled the Fitbit application to my phone and reestablished the Bluetooth connection. I'm hoping this solves the problem. Unfortunately it seems to be a problem that reoccurs, because I've done this before and it solved the problems for a while. I won't know until tomorrow if what I did this morning will help reestablish the recording of sleep states and other stats.

Any ideas on how to prevent this from reoccurring?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I am having the same problem.  I have lost two to three days of data.  Did everything that they say to do.  It just looses connection.  It will do it once or twice a day.  It will be alright for a few days then drop off again.  It has not been logging my sleep, SpO2, breathing rate, or HRV for the last few days.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is recording sleep and other things now and seems to be working OK now.  However, this isn't the first time I have had a glitch like this; and have had to uninstall, reboot and reestablish connection. Any ideas on how to prevent the glitches?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem resolved itself for a while. The problem seemed to start when there was a system update for fitbit and my phone. The app on the phone now displays the fitbit data differently.

However lately I've been having problem with the device syncing with my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 4 finally has started syncing again after 2 weeks. I completely deleted the app and reset all the settings, I have let the app have all access. 

Best Answer
0 Votes