Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Charge HR Won't Charge/Sync/Turn On

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All –

I am looking for some advice on why my FitBit Charge HR won't turn on. I woke up this morning with it being completely off. I assumed the battery must have been low, so I plugged it into the charger and walked away. It has now been 4 hours and when I pressed the button, I realized not even the battery image was appearing on the screen, the green lights weren't flashing and it hadn't synced since the previous night.

I have a warranty on it, but I was hoping it would be something I could resolve on my own. Any advice? I've had this since Christmas... so not even a month. 

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jessica-l Well that it is not a fun surprise.  I suggest trying a restart. 

1. Plug in your charging cable.
  2. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number
  3. Let go of the button.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If you get no response from that, you will need to contact customer service. Good luck.  Let us know if the restart works!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

@jessica-l Well that it is not a fun surprise.  I suggest trying a restart. 

2. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number
  3. Let go of the button.

If you get no response from that, you will need to contact customer service. Good luck.  Let us know if the restart works!

Best Answer

It took 20 seconds, but nonetheless the version number appeared and know it is fully charged. Thank you so much.

Best Answer

Awesome!  Glad it is working for you again!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it an Accepted Solution...

Best Answer
Hello there, I Had the same issue and this worked for me, thank you!
Best Answer

I have tried this for both 10-12 seconds, and 20 seconds, still nothing, no response. 
After about 8 seconds of holding I get one flash of green, then nothing.

HELP 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I held the button down for over a minute before it came back to like (but it did)

Best Answer

Plugging into a good USB port and holding the 'reset button' on the side for 30 seconds worked for me... on two watches. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I held my button for 18 minutes with no response. Then I hit it with a hammer just like the instructions said and still nothing. any other suggestions

Best Answer

Thank you so much! This worked for me. I was trying to find a solution because my FitBit wasn't charging so I thought I wasn't able to restart it. I tried it anyways and it worked. I'm not sure how many seconds it took though because I wasn't counting.Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SteveAdams, I am glad to see that I am NOT the only one with a dead tracker. I called customer support and because I am 20 days out of warranty they told me they couldn't do anything to help me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for me, too. Thanks for your help.

Seems a little user unfriendly....

Best Answer
Me too. A flash of green then nothing....it was fully charged this morning and was working fine until some time mid afternoon. Then nothing. Frustrating.
Best Answer

Was hving trouble with ChargerHR not turning on and after holding button for 15-0 seconds it started working again.  Thanks for the help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I seem to have the same issue as you

Did you manage to resolve it at all?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I did not. I wound up buying an Apple Watch to replace the Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I was just about to give up (my ChargeHR is old and had been sitting with a dead battery for over a year .. or longer?!). I just held it, for over a minute, until I got a flash of green and kept holding until it flashed the version number on the screen. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for your reply 🙂

So ... you did this ...?

2. Press and hold the button for over 60 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number
  3. Let go of the button.
  5. It started working?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the version number and fitbit icon for a second and it turns off again. Do I need to do something else?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did u ever figure it out?

Best Answer
0 Votes