Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App showing ZERO steps for most of April - data disappeared.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

From April 5th until just a few days ago, my FitBit app (and dashboard on FitBot.com) are now showing ZERO steps for all those days (over two weeks).  The data on my steps (I'm pretty religious about 10K+ per day) has just vanished.  The strangest part is that the data is still there for calories burned and stairs climbed for every one of those days, they just show 0 steps.  Apparently I was levitating for two weeks and didn't even know it?!  

I suspect this data loss is due to the FitBit app updating recently on my Android phone, losing the data stored there, then syncing to FitBit dashboard, wiping the previously synced data there as well.  This is especially distressing as I am enrolled in a program through my health insurance that awards points for steps taken and reaching weekly goals, so I now have almost no points for April, which means I've failed/lost challenges (and points, which convert to cash rewards) because of this glitch. 

Any way to recover the data?  Please don't tell me to "sync your Charge 2" or "update the app", as I have obviously done both already, and that may even be at the root of the problem since the data was obviously there previously and now it's gone from both the app and the dashboard.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums!

Please contact support so they can look into your account

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the forums!

Please contact support so they can look into your account

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Sadly, the FitBit CSR response was "can't help, data lost". 

Apparently they claim my FitBit did not sync at all over the period I lost data.  I don't think that is correct, as my device and my phone are in close proximity every night and have been syncing fine for months without my interaction.  I believe an update to the app either knocked out the sync or deleted the data, most likely the latter since there is data for all those days that indicate stairs climbed, calories burned, etc.. 

Bottom line, I am out 20+ days of steps data, and I no longer trust my FitBit to sync on it's own, I will be pushing the sync myself every couple of days if not nightly. 

Or, maybe just looking for a different device vendor.

Best Answer
0 Votes