Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App shows more steps than my Fitbit Zip is showing.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My dashboard is showing over double the amount of steps than my charge 2 it is really frustrating when it comes to calorie intake and output. I have uninstalled and reinstalled app.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just had a similar issue. The app on my phone added close to 3000 steps to my number on my Fitbit Charge 2. I wasn't sure which was correct, but I didn't see how I could have so much. Checking my dashboard online, I saw that it matched my Charge 2. I went back to my phone app, and it suddenly corrected itself. I think in my case, turning my iPhone off and going back to it about 10 minutes later allowed it to re-sync and correct the error. (It shouldn't have added the 3000 steps.)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @FranWellington!  Before moving on some troubleshooting steps... I was wondering if you are using both trackers, the Zip and Charge 2 at the same time? My confusion is because you posted your concern on the Charge 2 board, but you mentioned a Zip. 

Are you manually logging activities? Typically, your data will be recalculated if you manually log an activity as the manually logged activity takes precedence over the data you tracked while wearing your tracker at that point in time. For example, if I am wearing my Fitbit and walking and I reach 10,000 steps, then I go to the computer and manually log an activity that starts and ends at that point in time for say 1 hour, Fitbit will calculate how many steps, calories, so on and so on you recorded and it may bring the data to something below 10,000 steps. To clarify, activities should only be manually logged when you forget to wear your tracker.

I'll be around!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi thanks for coming back to me - no not using zip only have charge 2 also not logging anything manually. However after playing around deleting and resetting etc it appears to have corrected itself. Very Strange.

Thank you for your help

Best Answer

I just had a similar issue. The app on my phone added close to 3000 steps to my number on my Fitbit Charge 2. I wasn't sure which was correct, but I didn't see how I could have so much. Checking my dashboard online, I saw that it matched my Charge 2. I went back to my phone app, and it suddenly corrected itself. I think in my case, turning my iPhone off and going back to it about 10 minutes later allowed it to re-sync and correct the error. (It shouldn't have added the 3000 steps.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping up here and sharing what worked for you @ssbeagle! I have had this inconvenience as well and this is what I do:

• Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App

Good tricks! Man Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thanks for the tip. Simply tapping the dashboard made my Charge 3 recalculate and now it agrees with the FitBit. First time this has happened — gave me 2500 extra steps???

Best Answer
0 Votes