Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 2 battery Can the battery be replaced?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit charge 2 is completely dead.  It is about a year and a half old.  It's completely dead. Will not charge.  Can the battery be replaced?  If so where?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately the battery can't be replaced. 

If you are still within warranty then fitbit will normally replace the entire tracker, but whether you are in cover or not depends on where you are. The warranty runs for 24 months from purchase if you are in Europe but only 12 months elsewhere. 

If you are in cover then the first step is to contact customer support via contact.fitbit.com

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Unfortunately the battery can't be replaced. 

If you are still within warranty then fitbit will normally replace the entire tracker, but whether you are in cover or not depends on where you are. The warranty runs for 24 months from purchase if you are in Europe but only 12 months elsewhere. 

If you are in cover then the first step is to contact customer support via contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Im in Canada and they told me it was 12 months. Extremely disappointed 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Charge-2-will-not-hold-a-charge/m-p/2743691#M160278

Best Answer

Same issue here in the US.  

Best Answer

@SteveH

nvm, disreagard my question. cant delete it

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: For fairness sake, I’ll update this and say that while my fitbit does not always charge perfectly, it was absolutely the charge cord and not the device itself! I still have had the same Fitbit Charge 2 for several years at this point, and am only considering changing to Charge 3 because waterproofness is great! 

Original: I have the exact same situation. A year and a half old and it stopped charging suddenly. Very disappointed. Support says it is outside the 365 day warrenty and only offered a 25% off discount, whereas previously they had offered a 50% discount when my Charge HR broke outside warrenty. Been using FitBit for 3-4 years now and this is the first time I have considered changing brands.

Best Answer

Exactly the same thing to me. I purchased it in Feb-17 in the U.S. (1 year and a half ago) and it won't charge anymore. What are my options?

Best Answer

@Mazzarolo85 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry to hear about tracker's battery not charging. Try cleaning the tracker's contacts with a toothpick or toothbrush and then use cotton with rubbing alcohol. After this plug it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port or use an UL Listed usb wall adapter. Finally restart it and see if it responds to this.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news!  The battery can be replaced!  You can find the batteries online now and as l ol ng as you have some soldering skills, it's a piece of cake.

Best Answer

Where can the batteries be located? Are they reliable and durable?

Best Answer

I found mine on ebay. $10 was the cost and it has been going strong now for 2 months without issues.  Battery life has been the same.

Best Answer

@Isaacmenting @Killywinks Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! Good to know that you were able to replace the battery. I would like to mention that this voids your tracker's warranty (if it is still within the warranty period) and not advice by us officially. Still people have the technical knowledge to do this so it is up to you if you wish to try it.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit, thank you for the welcome.  I would like to say that my warranty was expired by 26 days and the support from Fitbit would not do anything to help me.  The Charge 2 was my third Fitbit tracker purchased and I was very upset to know that there was nothing they would do for me.  So I explored options to repair it myself.  It was a fairly simple process with a little bit of soldering.  My wife's Alta shortly after also had the battery die, that one was slightly older maybe a year 1.5 but still this concerns me with the quality control of the batteries being used in the manufacturing of the trackers.

Best Answer

@Isaacmenting thank you for your reply. It is good to know that the process was simple for you. Thanks for the input and hopefully you will continue reaching your fitness goals with your device.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the welcome. I will keep you informed when I get my battery changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Isaacmenting Is this it? 

CHARGE2 Brand NEW LSSP LIPO Battery for Fit Bit Fitbit CHARGE 2, 3.7V 60mAh

Also, did you install it yourself?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The batteries are in the device and cannot be taken out without damaging it. Mine lasted about 14 months- then dead. I bought a $29.99 fitness tracker online and have loved it. Still going after a year.
Best Answer

I'm sorry, but that is incorrect.  They CAN be removed without damaging the device.  The procedure is not for everyone.  It takes patience and an understanding of how the device is assembled and dissembled.  

Best Answer

@Killywinks Yes that is the one and I did do it myself.  You need access to a soldering iron

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Isaacmenting Thank you kindly. I will arrange and get one and try it myself. @Aubgirl Thanks for your suggestion as well.

Best Answer