Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 2 not reading heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received a replacement Charge 2 pebble on Friday. Unfortunately, the pulse tracker does not seem to work in the new pebble. All I get is '--' on the Fitbit & in the Fitbit app. In the app, my bpm info stops at noon on Friday, when I switched to the new pebble. There is no bpm data since Friday.

- the placement on my wrist is correct (I had no problems with the bpm on my last pebble, & this one is placed in the same position.)

- I wiped the contacts

- both green lights are lit

- I restarted the Fitbit 3 times

- In the app, I turned the bpm to 'off', synced my Fitbit, then turned it back 'on'

Do I need to start a new thread, or can you help me in this thread?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@ValMet thank you for your update. Sorry to hear that the heart rate isn't working on your new Charge 2 and thank you so much for taking the time to troubleshoot this issue. Try using the Auto setting for heart rate and check these suggestions to improve the reading.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried using the 'auto' setting, then syncing, then restarting my Fitbit.  I checked the tips on placement, & found I have been wearing my Fitbit correctly. I even restarted my Fitbit a couple more times, 'just in case'. The bmp still reads '--', & there is no bmp data on my app since last Friday when I switched to this new pebble.

Best Answer

My Fitbit is still not reading my heartrate, and as I said in my message on Dec 21st, I have tried the fixes you mentioned. What is my next step?

Best Answer

@ValMet thank you for the update and sorry for the late reply. I suggest you try the steps from the previous tracker here by cleaning the contacts including using cotton with rubbing alcohol then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this restart your device and see how it behaves.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes