Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 Didn't Solve Nickel Allergy Problems

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was a longtime, 24/7 user of the Charge 2.  Loved it.  Bought a Fitbit scale, synced both to my iphone, all was good.  After about 3 years, though, the wrist rashes started.  I found out it was nickel allergy; or should I say I found out that that was even a thing, and that it was a thing with watches made of stainless steel -- like the Charge 2.  I found that the Charge 3 was made of aluminum, I assumed to solve this problem, since aluminum doesn't have nickel, so I tried one.  It did NOT solve the problem.  Apparently it still has some nickel in it -- especially in the buckle.  THE BUCKLE!  Come on, Fitbit!  Make a truly nickel-free watch (not just by euro-standards).  Swatch does, for one.  I would love to go back to using a Fitbit.  I'm tired of counting my steps in my head! (I've got a thinking allergy, too!)

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@hobbes419 Hello!  Have you tried using third-party watch bands?  You can find them relatively cheap on Amazon.  

I know you probably don't want to buy another Fitbit, but the Fitbit Inspire can be put into a clip so you don't have to wear it on your wrist.  If you're allergic or have very sensitive skin, this might be the best option going forward.

Best of luck!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@hobbes419 Hello!  Have you tried using third-party watch bands?  You can find them relatively cheap on Amazon.  

I know you probably don't want to buy another Fitbit, but the Fitbit Inspire can be put into a clip so you don't have to wear it on your wrist.  If you're allergic or have very sensitive skin, this might be the best option going forward.

Best of luck!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Hi FinanceBabe!  What a great idea! I'm all in on the Fitbit Inspire.  Just got a new one off ebay ($48, not bad) and a clip off Amazon ($9/pair).  It might have its own issues -- like losing it, or not tracking your heart rate (truth is, I just want to know mine is above zero, and I come equipped with a monitor to track that!) -- but allergic reactions do not appear to be among them.  I'll let you all know how it turns out, but in any event thank you FinanceBabe for the terrific suggestion.

Best Answer

I have a Charge 4 and I have never had a problem until the coating wore off one of the sensors on the back. Obviously the sensors are Nickle because I have  a known Nickle allergy. So the problem is not just the band-it's the watch itself. I  bought the Charge 4 because it was waterproof and it works very well in the pool. I'm not going to be able to wear it now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The coating wore off the sensors on the back and caused the nickel reaction.  Nothing to do with the band.

Best Answer
0 Votes