Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 faded screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my Fitbit change 3 screen is fading and showing white line on side , I tried resetting but still there any help would be appreciated thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Murrayier50 It's great to see you in the Community! 

Let me help you with your Charge 3 screen not working as it should and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi i look forward to you helping me with this issue thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. My fitbit has always randomly lost its screen, and recovered but over the last month I saw the screen getting dimmer and dimmer till its completely gone.  I have no display at all. It works normally,  but there is no screen.  Any help with this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Missystuy Thanks for stopping by! 

Let me help you with your Charge 3. You don't mention any troubleshoots so I would like to suggest you restart your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Disconnect your tracker from the charging cable.

@Murrayier50 please do allow some time for the team to reply but rest assured that you will get a reply from them.

Keep me posted.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.

This method has worked in the past.  However I tried it a few weeks ago, and again today after your suggestion and it still doesn't work. 

The device works fine, it tracks, I just get no display.  I noticed it getting dimmer in the center until it had spread and dimmed the whole screen,  till its now dark, no display at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue. No solution other than Fitbit telling me my device is defective, and since it is out of warranty, I would have to buy a new one. They offered a 35% off code which I cannot use on their website. This is my second defective Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks I tried this but still faded screen.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you all for your reply.

@Missystuy Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

@Jasmmn Support does follow the guidelines described in the warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. This is why they offer a discount to help customers in this situation. Still thank you for sharing your feedback.

@Murrayier50 I noticed that our Support team already replied to you via email so please keep contact with them.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes