Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 screen black, unresponsive

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello...

My charge 3 fitbit fitbit screen went totally black

It doesn't response to tapping. 

I charged it today to 100%.

3 hours ago it was working fine, i saw the steps the clock everything.

But upon checking now, it shows nothing and it doesn't sync with my phone.

The green light in the back is working and the side touch button is vibrating on touch as usual.

I didn't do any activities like running or anything. I was just sitting in the library when i noticed it. 

Please, help.

TIA

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72
If you've tried everything, contact Fitbit customer service.  They offered a credit towards a new model or to replace the one I had.  I took them up on replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very frustrating if you love something but could not use it as you wanted! Am highly disappointed and irritated because for months now, I can’t get my screen to work 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve just contacted Fitbit and they are replacing mine. Give them a try.

Mirren
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all the recommended fixes.  The clock change fix worked once but then nothing.  I contacted Fitbit and they gave me the option of a credit towards a new model or replacing the one I had.  I chose the latter.  Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree - frustrating and the charge 3 is rubbish - tried all of the reset options and nothing. Will never buy a Fitbit again -support lines are useless.

Best Answer
I did manage to speak with someone online and there was an issue - I received a replacement and since then my life has been restored 😀 it’s amazing how reliant we are on these things. Definitely get a replacement watch!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Extremely agreed!!! The product is useless likewise the support lines! Am so angry 😡 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to contact customer support. After assuring them that I had followed all suggestions for fixes, they agreed to replace my fitbit or give me credit towards a new model.  I chose the former.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will contact them again 

thanks for your encouragement 

Did you read the website well when you were given the credit towards your new device? If the credit for your new was within this holidays (July 4th) then my dear no credit was given because there’s an on going sales of 40% off. Don’t be deceived, I just got off the phone with support line and she couldn’t help but rather trying to convince to get a new device with 40% while it’s 40% already? So in other words there wasn’t any offer! I am much irritated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fit bit juse pulses put will not come on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try the fixes suggested by the community, e.g. reset and changing the clock face.  If they don't work, contact customer service.  I followed these steps and fitbit gave me the option of a credit towards a new model or replacing the one I had.  I chose the latter.  Hood luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess if you live in Canada - product is no longer eligible for replacement and only get 25% off next product. That's not going to happen from me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t live in Canada
I live Maryland USA

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well Tilly I hope your outcome is happier than mine - I am a Canadian and certainly will not be buying anymore Fitbits in the future. 

Best Answer

Hi,
Fitbit sent a new one free of charge - but it was only a couple months old!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

They usually replace with a refrebleshed one And it works for some weeks or months and stops 

very annoying 

Good for you. I pray that too doesn’t stop working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the exact same experience.  They have offered me a 30% discount on an Ace tracker.

Since this fitbit was working fine until I updated it, I am not willing to take another chance with them.  I am evaluating other options!

Best Answer
0 Votes
They only offered me 25% - not going to purchase a Fit Bit again. Mine went in the garbage.
Best Answer

What aggravates me most, is was working fine until the update. The answer is to buy another?

Best Answer

My Charge 3 screen went blank after 16 months use. Fitbit Help Chats gave me a link to an electronics “expert” who asks for $5 for the hypothetical advise...

Your advice did not work for me! And 

Best Answer
0 Votes